College Football - 2010

Dr. Pomade

Too soon junior!

Now reports are saying nothing is official. My guess is they are waiting to see if Harbaugh is even interested in coming to the cest pool that is known as Ann Arbor. Does he stay in Stanford, goto the NFL or go rebuild in Michigan? I say he does either of the first 2 things I posted. Michigan isn't going to be good anytime soon regardless of who the coach is. They keep RR and well they suck, fire him and get a new coach and guess what, rebuilding time again. Hiring RR was the dumbest thing Michigan could've done when Carr left. He ran a gimick offense in a bullshit conference. Not to mention he isn't very well liked by players, parents and supporters of Michigan football.

Rich Rod should be fired though, he is killing them in recruiting. The top Defensive player from Michigan, who grew up a die hard Wolverine fan, just picked Penn St over them. They had a 4star RB commited, he just backed out and verbaled to Bama...you can't win games if you don't get quality players. Don't give me "quality coaching will over come that', Michigan doesn't have either one of those right now lol

On a side note, who's ready to watch OSU shut everyone up and beat the shit out of Arkansas?

O-H

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michigan totally fucked this one up. If you're gonna fire Rich, fire him after the loss to Ohio State so they can get a viable replacement. They dicked around for a while, not sure if he was their guy or not, and now they're stuck with him because they can't get anyone else.

Michigan totally fucked this one up. If you're gonna fire Rich, fire him after the loss to Ohio State so they can get a viable replacement. They dicked around for a while, not sure if he was their guy or not, and now they're stuck with him because they can't get anyone else.

I hear Urban Meyer is available...although I'd rather he be the next coach at tOSU, rather then being the next Michigan coach to beat tOSU lol

Worst safety call I've ever seen in my life.

Not sure if I should give credit to Arkansas for clawing back into the game or admonishing Ohio State for taking their foots off the gas pedal and Arkansas' throat.

Cameron Heyward was an absolute wrecking crew tonight.

I'm fairly sure I wanted to make out with Dane Sanzenbacher at least twice tonight. No homo.

Special teams were our bane in the beginning of the year. They let Miami stay in the game. They certainly helped Wisconsin. And they nearly killed us tonight.

God, it feels great to finally beat an SEC team. I could go on and on, but won't, and just leave it at that.

He hired and fired 2 Defensive coordinators, maybe he just sucks at D.

I've heard from a lot of Michigan fans that RR refuses to leave the defensive side of the ball alone for whatever reason and tinkers with everything. He just keeps firing his DC's when HE fails...lol.

Crazy game tonight. It's incredible how every single member of the "Tat 5" contributed big time. Pryor the MVP, Posey with 70+ yards and a long TD, Boom with a TD and some nice runs, Adams part of the OL performance giving up 0 sacks to a team with 37 on the season (I believe) then even the backup DE Solomon Thomas with the game-sealing INT.

Ohio State's AP Ranking by Voter - FINAL

AP Poll CFB '10

College Football '10

Results for Ohio State

Week 16 (FINAL): Jan. 11, 2011

Last updated: Jan. 11, 2011 -- 8:11 AM

Voter Rank

Lisa Byington 4

Ray Fittipaldo 4

Bill Cole 5

Bob Asmussen 5

Bob Condotta 5

Bob Hammond 5

Brett McMurphy 5

Cecil Hurt 5

Chadd Cripe 5

Chip Cosby 5

Cole Harvey 5

Craig James 5

Dave Foster 5

David Jones 5

Desmond Conner 5

Doug Haller 5

Ferd Lewis 5

Garland Gillen 5

Greg Auman 5

Jack Bogaczyk 5

Joe Giglio 5

John Hunt 5

John Niyo 5

John Shinn 5

John Werner 5

Keith Sargeant 5

Kirk Bohls 5

Kyle Ringo 5

Kyle Tucker 5

Kyle Veazey 5

Manny Navarro 5

Mark Anderson 5

Matt McCoy 5

Mike DeArmond 5

Mike Hlas 5

Pete DiPrimio 5

Randy Rosetta 5

Ray Ratto 5

Rob Long 5

Robert Cessna 5

Steve Conroy 5

Steve Sipple 5

Tom Keegan 5

Tom Mulhern 5

Tom Murphy 5

Travis Haney 5

Wade Denniston 5

Wes Rucker 5

Adam Zuvanich 6

Andy Staples 6

Doug Lesmerises 6

Eric Hansen 6

Jon Wilner 6

Sal Interdonato 6

Jon Solomon 7

Rick Wright 7

Scott Wolf 8

Chris Fowler 9

Kirk Herbstreit 9

Marcus Fuller N/A

Summary for Ohio State

Week 16 (FINAL): Jan. 11, 2011

Last updated: Jan. 11, 2011 -- 8:11 AM

Best Ranking 4

Worst Ranking 9

Most Common Ranking (46 times) 5

Average 5.32

REALLY HERBY? 9th? Fucking 9th? :gtfo:

Herbstreit HAS to kill tOSU whenever he gets a chance, otherwise he would be considered a "homer". As many haters of tOSU as there are out there, there are plenty of homers as well. Herbie is without a doubt one of the best college football analysts out there, abd a lot of that has to do with him being objective. If you think that he doesn't love the buckeyes, then go back to any of the times he has done gameday here at the shoe. His wide and children are always decked out in buckeye garb, even if he picks against them.

If he voted us at 9, it's probably because he thinks that there are 8 teams that could beat us. I bet it kills him to say that.

Maybe Pryor was actually onto something...

There's a reason Herbie's nickname among a lot of the players and staff is Judas.

This re-ranking of OSU (he had us 6th BEFORE we beat the SEC's 2nd or 3rd best team and dropped us) is a sign that Pryor is getting to him. Love it. "Has he beat Michigan?" Herbie's real butthurt.

Herbie is a fucking chauch, click it, buy it...or whatever that dumb fucking commercial says. Herbie is a better announcer then he was a football player, whats that tell ya? I love how a few years ago he was riding USC's dicks, then Floridas, now he's being gangbanged by the entire SEC. Don't give me this "he's trying not to be a homer", doesn't seem to stop Lou Holtz!

Lou Holtz isn't calling national title games for ESPN/ABC. Holtz can afford to be a homer - it's endearing when he does it. Herbstreit cannot. I totally agree with DJ on this one. Besides, Herbstreit really can't win: if he ranks Ohio State too high, then he's a homer, but if he doesn't rank them high enough, then he's a traitor.

BTW, if you have any misconceptions of where Herbstreit's loyalties lie, go watch the ESPN pre-game just before kickoff of the 2002 Fiesta Bowl between Ohio State and Miami. Herbstreit was livid with all the talk about how Ohio State was too slow for Miami and would get rolled by eleventy billion points. There's no doubt he loves Ohio State. It's unfortunate that we can't see him be more of a fan because, well, he has a job to do.

Maybe Pryor was actually onto something...

Pryor is starting to impress me more and more as a dumbass. He says stupid things (e.g., remember the Michael Vick comment?) and his attitude seems shitty just about all the time. At no point in the foreseeable future am I going to take what Pryor says over what Herbstreit says.

• Upvote 1

I will always take what Pryor says over Herbie. Like I said above, Herbie's nickname among the current players and even some of the STAFF is Judas. He's allowed to hang out around the WHAC because OSU doesn't want to lose what little positive ESPN exposure they do get from time to time but he's not exactly welcome.

Pryor is starting to impress me more and more as a dumbass. He says stupid things (e.g., remember the Michael Vick comment?) and his attitude seems shitty just about all the time. At no point in the foreseeable future am I going to take what Pryor says over what Herbstreit says.

and Pryor is 100x the QB that Herbie ever was