Corvette MPG's

KStang3.8

Question on my Stat 133 Final:

The number of miles per gallon for a 2009 Corvette has a normal distribution with mean 15mpg and standard deviation .5, what is the probability that a randomly chosen corvette gets exactly 15 miles per gallon?

The answer is 0. But i decided to have some fun. The Confidence interval with 95% confidence (meaning 95% of all corvette mpgs lie in the Confidence Interval) is found with the MOE (Margin of Error) for this distribution. the MOE = z*(SDx/sqrt(n)) N is not given so lets pretend its 1000. So the MOE would = 1.96(.5/31.6227766) = .0309903211 So in this Normal Distribution with Sample size n=1000, the 95% confidence interval is (14.969-15.031) miles per gallon.

Even the Ohio State University thinks V8's (i.e. Corvette's) get bad MPG.

ITS A COMMON MISCONCEPTION!!!!!!! i'm not that stupid for thinking it!

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The number of miles per gallon for a 2009 Corvette has a normal distribution with mean 15mpg and standard deviation .5, what is the probability that a randomly chosen corvette gets exactly 15 miles per gallon?

The answer is 0. But i decided to have some fun. The Confidence interval with 95% confidence (meaning 95% of all corvette mpgs lie in the Confidence Interval) is found with the MOE (Margin of Error) for this distribution. the MOE = z*(SDx/sqrt(n)) N is not given so lets pretend its 1000. So the MOE would = 1.96(.5/31.6227766) = .0309903211 So in this Normal Distribution with Sample size n=1000, the 95% confidence interval is (14.969-15.031) miles per gallon.

I have come to the conclusion that you start some of the worst threads on here.

POST LESS + LURK MORE = PROFIT

who in the fuck cares

Some kid who is desperately trying to make a name for himself on a INTERNET FORUM. So desperate, he will regurgitate forum topics from months past, in hopes of redeeming himself.

Not knowing the entire time, the best thing he could do would be to log off and never post again until age 30. :(

http://captionsearch.com/pix/thumb/24paifxa8-t.jpg

Some kid who is desperately trying to make a name for himself on a INTERNET FORUM. So desperate, he will regurgitate forum topics from months past, in hopes of redeeming himself.

Not knowing the entire time, the best thing he could do would be to log off and never post again until age 30. :(

good god everytime I get on it seems like he has another stupid ass post.

Come on the kids retarded, look how much money he has in a v6 Mustang... tis tis

2001 3.8 V6 Mustang

BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Shorty Headers, Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust,2Motive 4.10 gears, Ford Racing 7.5in LSD, SCT 93 Octane tune.

I told the mods to ban him months ago... no one ever listens

An since when do new vetts get 15mpg? Don't the 6 speeds get high 20s (I know of a few c5z06 stock getting almost 30)

I am pretty sure the avg in C6Rob's Vette was 28+ on our trip to FL and back...

I know they get great mpg. Originally i did not know. Everyone here gave me and a few others who believed this common misconception a really hard time about it. Thus i post this to show that there are actually alot of people who think that V8's get bad MPG.

Oh btw sorry that i posted the basic statistical math. I guess i should have spoken in hillbilly. "Dur well my exam for the Statistics One Hundred and Thirty Threeee class at De Ohi' State University was reeaaaaalll hard and it sed dat dem Corvettes be gettin 15 miles per gallons. I be knowin dat aint true but i thought it was funnies dat dey put that cuz dey belief dat common misconception, hehehehe." There you go, now you all can understand ;)

First Impressions are first impressions i know, hard to shake. But goddamn you all cling to them like your fuckin blankey when you were 3 years old.

Its a useless thread because everyone posts in it and says YOUR FUCKING STUPID. GOD I HATE YOU. WHO CARES.

It would be a meaningful thread if other people posted and said ya i can see why you believed that kstang, i used to too! or ya my mom asks me all the time what my mpgs are and theyre better than her 4 cylinder!

or something NOT ASSHOLEISH.

If anyone on this site starts a thread about ANYTHING even the absolutely most relevant thing (which this isn't super relevant) they get their thread shat on by all you assholes.

Like spotted threads. Someone spots a RACE CAR in COLUMBUS and tells everyone on COLUMBUS RACING about it and you all just shit on him. WTF?

Someone spots a RACE CAR in COLUMBUS and tells everyone on COLUMBUS RACING about it and you all just shit on him. WTF?

Could you please link me to a thread were somebody posted a spotted thread for RACE CAR on here ?

:confused:

And no, the race car bed you sleep in doesn't count.

Its a useless thread because everyone posts in it and says YOUR FUCKING STUPID. GOD I HATE YOU. WHO CARES.

It would be a meaningful thread if other people posted and said ya i can see why you believed that kstang, i used to too! or ya my mom asks me all the time what my mpgs are and theyre better than her 4 cylinder!

or something NOT ASSHOLEISH.

If anyone on this site starts a thread about ANYTHING even the absolutely most relevant thing (which this isn't super relevant) they get their thread shat on by all you assholes.

Like spotted threads. Someone spots a RACE CAR in COLUMBUS and tells everyone on COLUMBUS RACING about it and you all just shit on him. WTF?

Fuck You:nutkick:

I know they get great mpg. Originally i did not know. Everyone here gave me and a few others who believed this common misconception a really hard time about it. Thus i post this to show that there are actually alot of people who think that V8's get bad MPG.

Oh btw sorry that i posted the basic statistical math. I guess i should have spoken in hillbilly. "Dur well my exam for the Statistics One Hundred and Thirty Threeee class at De Ohi' State University was reeaaaaalll hard and it sed dat dem Corvettes be gettin 15 miles per gallons. I be knowin dat aint true but i thought it was funnies dat dey put that cuz dey belief dat common misconception, hehehehe." There you go, now you all can understand ;)

First Impressions are first impressions i know, hard to shake. But goddamn you all cling to them like your fuckin blankey when you were 3 years old.

or you could just shhhhhhh?