WTB: turbo(s)

STEVE-O

Guy at work is building a galaxie and we were just shooting the breeze and now He is looking for two turbos for his setup..

I was loking to see if anyone has/ knows where to get two turbos from the ford 2.3l t motors or if someone has two turbos that are the same laying around...

they dont need to be big say like 60trims or so but he needs two.

so if you know of anyone or if you happen to have two stock turbos laying around please let me know

Ideas I had were the ford 2.3l motors, or sr20 turbos, or something to that effect. He will be making his own maifolds etc so the mounting flange on them doesnt really matter.

Thanks for any advice or direction to look for them..

stock buick GN turbos would be good too probably, or maybe he could do 4 DSM stock turbos :D

LOL ya that was the problem I was running into is the dsm, audi, vw, dodge, volvo, sabb chrysler etc 4 cylinder turbos are pretty small. And the other like the subie, or evo ones are along with not bring cheap are not to easy to find used

I had that in mind but I dont know a lot about where to start lokoing for them... any idea??

If hes looking for used ones they can be had for like $100 on supramania / supraforums. If he wants new/rebuilt ones those are about 550 or so. I actually have a spare but it needs a rebuilt, side to side shaft play and in and out.

I've got a Thunderbird TC turbo that I want to get rid of.

anything wrong with it??? only problem is unless someone else has the same turbo they want to also get rid of It wont really help to much as we would need two of the same turbos but it doesnt matter to much what they come off of

Evo 8 turbos can be had for around 150 bucks and they are a 16g. One of the bigger stock turbos i know of.

Where do you know is a good place to find those local or somewhere close??? Esp being a turbo we would want to be able to put our hands on it and check teh shaft play and the fins before he bought it so the forums is not esp a great place to trust someone and then have them ship the turbo to find out it needs rebuilt you know.

I was hoping rob had some laying around or someone from ips/ slomo etc had any old stock ones sitting around they pulled off say a evo or something..

I have two stock S4 turbos laying around.

Size? condition? how much for both? are those the k03 turbos?

Rob is no longer on CR. There are plenty of other resources for turbos.

I found this out about ten minutes after posting the thread but thank you.. As I stated I was hoping some local vendor like ips etc would be able to chime in and have something laying around

Stock S4's are K03's, pretty damn small but capable of ~350-400hp on the S4 2.7L.

They are in great shape, no leaks, no smoke, no noise, very little to no shaft play. $300 negotiable for the set.

Stock S4's are K03's, pretty damn small but capable of ~350-400hp on the S4 2.7L.

They are in great shape, no leaks, no smoke, no noise, very little to no shaft play. $300 negotiable for the set.

Those are good for 350-400 a piece?? or only 175-200 a piece?

Those are good for 350-400 a piece?? or only 175-200 a piece?

200 a piece.

Altough this is not an S4 K03, it will still give you an idea of the size

http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/KKKsmallturbo.jpg

I have 2 stock WRX turbos. $300 for both? $100 more for an intercooler core I have. :D

he has to measure for the intercooler still... how much power can those make??

200 a piece.

Altough this is not an S4 K03, it will still give you an idea of the size

http://www.mjmturbos.com/images/KKKsmallturbo.jpg

those will be to small then for what he will use them for. they will be going on a mild built 390 with a blow through carb an he is aiming for 500 plus horse

The stock CT-26 would probably be a good bet. You can make about 350-400rwhp with one of them on high boost. Not to mention the inducer is big enough if he wanted too he could throw a 50,54,57,60, or 60-1 trim wheel in it. I'd take a look at the CT's.

Evolutionm.net is a good place to look, there are quite a few ohio guys on there and as far as buying things from a forum i have bought numerous parts from evo-m people and have never been screwed. One of the things i bought being an evo 9 turbo that is in immaculate condition.

Might be worth a look.

Also craigslist

stock buick GN turbos would be good too probably, or maybe he could do 4 DSM stock turbos :D

The largest turbo on a production automobile.

Some ct-26's off a supra? There reletively big for stock turbos.

The second largest turbo for a production vehicle.

Little trivia for you boys there.

Steve, I have 2 ct26's on my shelf in the garage. One of them I believe needs a rebuild. The other ran fine when it was removed. Howver, it's been sitting awhile. The ct's make decent power and gobs of torque. Let me know.

He cam up to me just 5 min ago and said he found a site that has new t3/to4 turbos for 175. Now I know those are good for iirc 400hp?? But he also said they did not list the man. name, which led me to think they are cheap china turbos that are not going to be very good. How much does a new t3/t04 turbo go for normally?

I would be skeptical to run a china turbo or an ebay turbo at all.

Ive watched the Holset video of the chinese compressor wheels just disinagrating under boost.

Edited by Fubar231