Should I delete the windshield wiper fluid setup?

darkstarsinner

Should I delete the windshield washer fluid? Yes I am keeping the wipers (I'm not an idiot) but I was actually thinking of a water/methanol kit and that spot would work pretty well. Also I believe I will have to drill holes in my Seibon hood for the nozzles. Not quite sure as the hood is still wrapped up nice and safe in the box. Opinions would be nice.

Should I delete the windshield washer fluid? Yes I am keeping the wipers (I'm not an idiot) but I was actually thinking of a water/methanol kit and that spot would work pretty well. Also I believe I will have to drill holes in my Seibon hood for the nozzles. Not quite sure as the hood is still wrapped up nice and safe in the box. Opinions would be nice.

Everyone since 92 has mounted theres in the truck...

The Integra will see some track time, but will be daily driven as well. One of my main concerns with it is that it sits in the way of what will be the intercooler piping. One suggested remedy comes from a Civic owner who uses RainX. He says he doesn't have any issues with his setup. And I'm really not to excited to drill holes in my hood.

Very nice DB1 by the way. A guy in Florida just parted out a really clean shell for no reason. Another one bites the dust.

yup...

while your at it, feel free to delete the rest of these items.

Brakes

air bags

steering wheel

seat belts

turn signals

just delete all illuminated items

why not just delete the windsheild wipers while your at it. You may risk one coming off while driving 300mph down 270 and putting a hole in that sweet hood you are so worried about.

i keed i keed

Edited by 2pointslow

Guest tbutera2112
if by daily driven, you mean it will see time in the snow, DO NOT delete the res...you get that nasty slushly salty shit on your windshield in the winter and you will need the fluid to keep it clean

if by daily driven, you mean it will see time in the snow, DO NOT delete the res...you get that nasty slushly salty shit on your windshield in the winter and you will need the fluid to keep it clean

If he has the money to build a 500 hp civic... then he can afford a 500 dollar beater for the snow.

if not

then he shouldnt be building a 500hp civic....

Yeah, this. Even some nastier rains will have cars kicking muddy water up at you. Rain-X will help, but I can never stay on top of it.

In my 'teg, I've actually pulled over, gotten out with windex and a paper towel and cleaned the windshield on the side of the highway (yes, I keep these things in my big rubbermaid "track supplies" container that I drive around with pretty much all the time).

A beater will alleviate most of the issue, though.

I suppose I should have mentioned that. No the Integra will NOT see any snow. And just a few things off of that list Fcus, I deleted ABS, removed the factory seatbelts, and the car didn't come with aribags... 3 for 5's not bad ;)

I'll probably only whined up being able to take it out 2-3 times a week on my solo drives (removed the rear seats, I have two messy children) So unless I get caught by a surprise rain I'm not to worried about that. I suppose I'm probably just going to delete it. I'll use the fluid level sensor for the spray kit. Thanks for your input guys!!!

I deleted mine out of the Integra, and did it with my old crx as well. I also took the wiper arms off my crx and ran rain x, never had an issue seeing...must've had some special honda windshield. If the car is not going to be driven in the rain or snow, then I see no reason why you couldn't take it out and be alright. I have the wiper arms off of my integra, however I will carry them in the trunk with me should a monsoon happen while driving one day.

I havnt had windshield wiper fluid is over 3 years and it hasnt bothered me. Yes i have wipers but no washer fluid/sprayers. If its dirty i just clean my windows when i get gas. Also, wouldnt you want your meth injection resevoir in the trunk to keep it cooler?

Man everyone is going Meth injection on their hondas, its almost tempting for me to tinker with it before going boost just to see if its worth the hype. Your litterally the 4th person I know locally thats going meth

The big thing about it is to cool your charges. I'll be running the meth with a C02 kit. The c02 kit alone drops the intake temp about 30 deg. I want to run high boost on 9.5:1 CR so cool is a must. C02 is cheap and so is the Meth mix.

Oh and I do like the idea of hiding it in the trunk. But I'm shaving the cargo bay and not so sure I want to put it there. But you don't really have to worry about the physical temp of the methanol mix. You actually get the temperature change from the chemical aspect.