hahaha...USC...hahaha...breathe...hahahaha

TimTaylor751647545500

Trev Alberts is a douche too. He won't have anywhere to run now that his Huskers are going to be getting run by the top three in the big ten every year.

Reggie Bush was paid to play, essentially. His parents got a new house and some other things, I'm not sure of the specifics.

Somthing to remember is that they will still have their national championship, and Reggie will still have the Heisman. Those things arent controlled by the NCAA.

ESPN announced that the NCAA is gonna strip USC of its National Championship, and strip Reggie Bush of the Heisman trophy, they can do that, but the world knows how that season ended and no one can take that away

Bush keeps his Heisman, USC keeps their AP (paper) championship. I look at this situation like a family deal, your older brother/sister got caught sneaking out of the house...so when you got to their age, your parents put locks on the windows to prevent you from sneaking out. You essentially are paying for their fuck ups, yes I know it was a shitty analogy but you get the idea lol. The punishment honestly is a little lighter then I would've liked/expected. Reggie Bush's parents had a plush house/car given to them by an agent before Reggie even attended USC..thats a big no no. Then you have Joe McKnight driving around town in an Escalade that was "loaned to his gf" by a local dealership, and then there is OJ Mayo on the basketball side.

Anyone remember Lebron's Hummer ordeal, or his free jersey "scandal". Athletic sanctioning bodies don't take rules lightly. The NCAA is pretty strict on players recieiving unfair benifits due to their celebrity status. Why do you think college players don't get paid? I personally don't have a problem with a guy getting a free pair of sneakers or a shirt here and there, hell they make the colleges millions of dollars a year by playing a sport. Yes they get a free ride through college and yes they are essentially playing for free so they can eventually play to get paid.

In the end rules are rules, and USC broke those rules. Now they must suffer the consequences...not that it really matters their run in the pac10 is/was over before this happened. They are no longer the dominant USC of old, they will go back to mediocracy just like they did in the 90s..remember they werent quite the powerhouse in those days.

ESPN announced that the NCAA is gonna strip USC of its National Championship, and strip Reggie Bush of the Heisman trophy, they can do that, but the world knows how that season ended and no one can take that away

The NCAA does not have the power to strip anyone of a Heisman (only the Heisman Trophy Trust can do that) nor can they take away a National Championship (The BCS has to do that). I've not heard anyone on ESPN say anything other than what I just repeated.

The BCS is going to "discuss" stripping the title, but the AP will not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5277555

I read an artice on another site that claimed that the Heisman Trust is going to "talk" about it (Recinding Reggie Bushs' Heisman), but nothing more.

USC is getting everything they deserve - don't listen to the USC homers when they whine and say the punishment doesn't fit the crime.

USC has been acting as though it's above the law for years now. Their AD is a douchebag that has essentially given the finger to the NCAA time and time again and now USC is acting shocked when it got the hammered dropped on them? Cry me a fucking river.

All you have to do is look at USC's most recent hire to see what their mindset is: Lane Kiffin was on staff at USC when all this shit was going on with Reggie Bush, he got into hot water with the NCAA during his very brief tenure at UT, and then, while USC is under investigation, who do they decide to bring in as their head coach? Oh, yeah, Lane Kiffin. It was like USC said to the NCAA: "Oh, you're looking at us closely, scrutinizing our every move? Well, watch this mother fuckers..."

I don't get the Lane Kiffin hire, I mean what has he accomplished anywhere as a head coach? He's terrible. Players don't respect him, owners don't respect him.....

He hasn't really accomplished anything as a head coach. My impression is that he's a very good recruiter - very slick, very polished, and a great closer when he gets into the living room and starts talking up USC to mom and dad. He also had ties to USC, so that made sense in terms of the hire. Also, and this is just my humble opinion, but I think he was one of the few (relatively credible) coaches who would have taken the USC job given the milieu there.