Big Ten Logo

Sully

Looks like we need a new logo. The current logo has an 11 in the design. Now that Nebraska has joined (officially July 2011), the logo should be changed to have a 12 in the design. Plus, how can we continue to be called The Big Ten since there's 12 teams.

Discuss.

Big ten = 12 teams

Big twelve = 10 teams.

Ya that will not mess people up or anything.

I think the Big 12 will only exist for another week. Then we will just get back to regular confusion with the Big Ten (Big 12). right?

Actually 1991...time flies when you are having fun:)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penn_State

That wiki is wrong, it was 1990, and they started athletic competition in 1993

http://www.bigten.org/trads/big10-trads.html

After a 40-year period of constancy in membership, the Conference expanded to 11 members for the first time. On June 4, 1990, the Council of Presidents voted to confirm its earlier decision to integrate Pennsylvania State University into the Conference.

Pretty interesting stuff. At first it sounded like the Big East was going to be raided, and maybe it will still happen. I personally like Nebraska joining the Big Ten though a lot of people I've talked to disagree. It will certainly be interesting to see how this all plays out with likely having to rename the conference and hopefully adding a conference championship to the mix.

I had read somewhere that we may change the name altogether. Something along the lines of "Midwestern Conference" or something. Which I am fine with. Big Ten just doesn't make sense anymore. Especially if the expansion continues.