Oil filter claw wrench?

2 Sweet

^ you cheat though, youre a doctor lol you already have to have a light touch so youre not crushing innards and shit lol

i usually get it at least 1/2 turn after its snug by hand, and just need 1/4 turn with the wrench--not much. as long as you line up the teeth of the wrench with the indents on the filter, no damage is done--not even to the paint on the filter

Ooooh, Mr. Macho tough guy! :lol:

Have you ever changed the oil on an LS1 f-body? Apparently not. It has nothing to do with strength, there just isn't enough space to get a good grip. You'd need some baby midget hands to get anything more than your fingertips onto the filter. It's flush with the oil pan, and right next to the header

The link I posted to the filter wrench I have personally used on an ls1 fbody and it works like a charm

According to most manuals you should tighten the filter until the gasket touches then do 3/4 turn more. You should never use a wrench to tighten the filter. You can also buy the oil filter wrench that fits perfectly on your oil filter. Never have to worry about crushing your filter then. Get one here!