Soccer idiots

AWW$HEEET

Im not a soccer fan, but if someone is going to sit here and tell me they are football fans, but think soccer is boring...you can just gtfo.

supergtp is right. Football is run for 2 seconds, rest for 5 minutes. I cant stand that.

I think it's more that there is 100% action in every 2 second play. I have been to 2 Crew games. Uncle use to be a season ticket holder. Watched a forever long game of 1 guy kicking a ball and the only time the oposing team would react is when he came clsoe to them. The rest of the guys stroll about the field.

With football in every play there are 22 guys actually doing SOMETHING. Not 1, 2, or 3 guys running side by side.

Don't get me wrong, I know soccer has it's appeal. I know and admit it takes work to play at that level. I played soccer for 2 years and left it to continue baseball...and that was at like 6 years old. It bored the tar out of me then.

Just my .02.

Football is run for 2 seconds, rest for 5 minutes. I cant stand that.

I understand where you're coming from, but if you really dig into the actual strategy of American Football (easily the most strategically complex of all major sports), even the down-time becomes intense, ripe with the anticipation of the next call. Hell the tension that builds when facing a "do or die" 3rd/4th and *whatever*, is the key to a memorable game. You remember the sick, empty feeling in the pit of your stomach right before the snap, even though you're near gorged with chicken wings and beer. You remember telling all your friends what you think the coaches/QB should do, and your elation/disgust when things went perfect/failed miserably. Or how you pretty much willed that last pick6.

Just my .02

I agree.

I don't follow it much but from what I can see they need to call diving penalties on some of these players. Some act like they've been hit by a car, only to get up and walk away and keep playing 30 seconds later.