Employee appreciation...

Putty

That is awesome. My boss pretty much does the same thing, just on a much smaller scale (lunches / golf / bonuses). Definately makes a difference in the mood of the office when your work doesnt go unnoticed.

Its cool to see a much larger company doing it.... most seem to have greedy, corporate, 'your expendable' attitudes

That is awesome. My boss pretty much does the same thing, just on a much smaller scale (lunches / golf / bonuses). Definately makes a difference in the mood of the office when your work doesnt go unnoticed.

Its cool to see a much larger company doing it.... most seem to have greedy, corporate, 'your expendable' attitudes

yep :(

But that would be awesome. An ipod AND $10,000. Jesus... I wonder if the janitor got that too. lol

Work for Google. I hear their perks are ridiculous.

No kidding...

http://www.google.com/support/jobs/bin/static.py?page=benefits.html

At Google headquarters in Mountain View, there’s on-site oil change, car wash, dry cleaning, massage therapy, gym, hair stylist, fitness classes and bike repair.

Their main campus has an insane cafeteria as well.

The total number of staff members who received the gifts was not made immediately available.

From another article, which was exactly what I thought "How many people are we talking about? 50? 25?" The don't actually print the thing just put it together. Sure it's a feel good story but for Oprah, it's like pulling out $5 and saying hit "Starbucks on the way in tomorrow."

Work for Google. I hear their perks are ridiculous.

Yes! I applied a while ago...along with the 10,000 other people that do per day. Perhaps I should start there as a janitor. (CUSTODIAN, DICK!)

god I hate that woman.

Me.Too