Anyone running a gas piston AR?

Scotty2Hotty

As the title says, anyone currently running one on their AR? I'm mostly just looking for feedback on anyone running the gas piston set up. My dad picked up 2 complete lowers for me, so one is getting a piston upper. Right now it's between LMT and LWRC piston uppers. Didn't know the required maintanance on the piston itself, if it requires lubrication or like the current gas tube set up, you mostly worry about the bolt.

As the title says, anyone currently running one on their AR? I'm mostly just looking for feedback on anyone running the gas piston set up. My dad picked up 2 complete lowers for me, so one is getting a piston upper. Right now it's between LMT and LWRC piston uppers. Didn't know the required maintanance on the piston itself, if it requires lubrication or like the current gas tube set up, you mostly worry about the bolt.

Got a gas/AR Based handgun coming shortly:

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/plr16.htm

:p

• 2 weeks later...
I have an LWRC M6A2 14.7" PA.

Oh, and 6.8 SPC :)

Nice! :thumbup: I've got 2 complete lowers I need to toss uppers on when I get home. One of which will get a 6.8 SPC upper and I'm torn between the LWRC M6A2/M6A3 or the LMT MRP set up. I'm probably going 18" with the barrel atleast. What grain round do you normally run through yours?

Right now I have a shit ton of 110 gr pro hunters for coyotes and such. May switch to a 85/95 grn TSX once I start reloading... haven't checked status on the 95 grns since they first came out, Bill Wilson n friends were testing them hahaha...on hogs of course.

Seems like the 110gr is pretty popular, and not to mention easily obtained. I've been ordering ammo off http://www.palmettostatearmory.com for the past month. Been debating on picking up some 6.8 SPC, but I need to order the upper from LMT or LWRC first. So far, I think I'll go LMT and toss a little more money on the rail mounted glass.