Decisions

Tindall2006

I am debating what I want to get for my next fun car, or if I even should.

My situation now is I am stuck at a army base for the next two years training to be a helocopter pilot. I am in the reserses so in two years I plan on going back to texas to attend school! My primary goal is to save money back for college, but I also want something to keep myself entertained. The basic requirements are as follows.

Reliable, I don’t wan t to be blowing stuff up every weekend, though I do enjoy working on my stuff

Run 11’s

I would like to stay under 10g’s

The first thing I have thought about is another Turbo AWD talon, probably a 1g like the one I had, but I worry about the Dd reliability of these and the transmissions. I used to have one and loved it but don't have a lot of experience with them at the higher power levals. I did love the ablity to smoke cars with alot more power then me from stop light to stoplight with the traciton advantage. I have a lot of great memories with my old one, and miss it. It was a blast to drive.

Another option I have looked at is a Ls1 cammaro or trans am. You can make creat power with these, they look sexy (t tops), have a great attraction factor, and unlike the Talon, I belive their drivline is way beefyer. I worry about the car being just RWD though. I have never driven one and not sureif I will enjoy it like I did with the Talon. I think I will really miss having the AWD and being able to have great traction at all times, even in the rain and snow.

A third option is a Rx-7 with a ls1 in it. I think they look ok, I like the performance of them but I really haven't seen too many inside of my buget which is around 10 grand. I could probably put on together myself, but i am sure it would be cheeper to buy one already done. I do like how along with the DSM, they are not as popular and you don’t see 6000 of them everyplace.

I have also thought about getting a bike, though I am not sure if I would also want a car? or if the bike would settle my desires? I would probably get something in the 600 CC.

I know several of you have owned both, if not all of these cars at different times so give me some input or advice, good memories bad? Pros and cons of the different cars. I still remember the first CR meet I made with my talon, Linn looked over at me in his camaro and said, I used to have a DSM, I miss it, It was more fun then this car.

There's a pretty bad ass colt for sale on here... That would make a hell of a project if you did indeed spend the rest of your funds to build it. That's what I would do. Fast as fuck and only 3500$? Could convert it to AWD if it isn't already, too.