95 accord..speedo problem

Guest Whine

Guest Whine
i have a 95 accord ex 2.2 auto and the speedo is going wacko. it starts missing and 4th gear ind. light is flashing. anyone know whats going on? thanks for any help. oh and im getting an abs light also, im thinking this has to do with the speedo problem.

sounds transmission related, the D4 light flashing is storing a DTC, if you know where the 2-pin service check connector is jump that and count the flashes that will be the code on whats wrong, the 2-pin connector(usually blue, but sometimes gray) will be on the right side of the car, either by the right kick panel, or tucked up near the bottom of the dash kick panel area, if not there look near the firewall under the dash

Guest Whine
ok now that I'm at work, check the No. 1 10amp fuse in the under dash fuse/relay box, if its ok then do a Vehicle speed sensor input test
cool, will do and let you know...thanks man.

Guest Whine
ok this is weird. i got my snap on scanner out and of course this year honda is manual codes only on the transmission. so i hook it up and let it tell me how to get, erase, and see code definitions. well it tells me to go to the right kick panel and find a 2 wire connector and jump across, well after tearing the kick panel, carpet, abs module, and glove box apart this connector is not there. i even had a friend get up in there and look around and he said no 2 wire connectors except for the heater fan motor. so i had already took apart the vss connector under the hood and found some corrosion. i cleaned them and still the same thing. so i just go to clear the codes to see if they return. it says to get in the fuse block under the hood and pull the 7.5 amp fuse for the back up lights for 10 seconds to clear codes. i do this but upon turning the key back on and starting it still flashes d4. whats going on here? is the code just returning that fast? could this wiring harness be a earlier year? being why the connector isnt there. i have 2 other 92 hondas and the scanner has been right on with them.

Guest Whine
ok now after doing all of this i took it out on a drive just to see if anything changed. boy did it change, now i have shifting problems. if i leave it in drive it starts off in 4th gear. if i pull it down to 1st and take off but it starts out in 2nd gear. so when i shift from 1st to 2nd it does nothing. then from 2nd to 3rd it goes right in to 4th and of course when i shift to 4th nothing happens....HELP!!!!!

check the transmission fluid level does it smell burnt?? I know some of the Integra's had TCM issues(transmission control module, but those were all OBD2 cars) replacing that fixed it. but I still think you have a transmission problem how many miles on the car?

Guest Whine
check the transmission fluid level does it smell burnt?? I know some of the Integra's had TCM issues(transmission control module, but those were all OBD2 cars) replacing that fixed it. but I still think you have a transmission problem how many miles on the car?