oil pan painted or sand blasted

Twistedrx7

Not sure what i could use to recoat the inside of my oil pan, it started to rust a little bit from being out and sitting. Would it be better to sand blast it and just oil it up or is there something i can coat the inside with that wont flake off?

Guest tbutera2112
surface rust my friend, just a faint hint. i already sanded and primed it to stop it from building up more.

not my car.

goodluck.

also, going off of mensan said....teflon can still flake, eaton blowers on the lightnings had rotors coating in teflon and they flake badly, clog up intercoolers etc...when you have a blower worked, the companies strip the teflon off of the rotors

you could look into a graphite coating like they used in the 03/04 cobra superchargers on the rotors, its supposed to never flake

Oil Paint!?!? ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't think a properly painted surface would be an issue. Guys used to paint their lifter galleys to improve oiling all the time back in the day with seemingly no ill effects. You damn sure don't want it flaking off though.

Guest tbutera2112
Oil Paint!?!? ;)

Seriously, I wouldn't think a properly painted surface would be an issue. Guys used to paint their lifter galleys to improve oiling all the time back in the day with seemingly no ill effects. You damn sure don't want it flaking off though.

you can polish those too instead of painting them...not sure why someone would paint them!!!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll112/tbutera2112/460%20build/015_FacebookPic_6134249274895203328.jpg

you can polish those too instead of painting them...not sure why someone would paint them!!!

Yeah, The idea back then was that it fills in some of the porosity and makes it "slicker" (rather than polishing it smooth like most people do nowadays). I have never done it, just saying that some people do/did with seemingly no ill effect.

don't sandblast the insdie of that pan you'll never get the sand out

buff the rust spots with steel wool and a lite oil then wipe the pan dry and hose it down with wd40 to keep it from rusting again

Really? there are no baffels on it at all.