tranny question 96 ram 360

Twistedrx7

So while being the DIY guy i am,i decided to put in a shift kit in the valve body while i was replacing the filter and fluid. well while removing the valve body the last thing was the shift lever inside the tranny. When making more room to remove the eclip i shifted it out of park and into D i believe. as the truck rolled back a tiny bit and then stopped.

When i went to hook the valve body back up the truck doesnt want to shift into anything. I can move it from P to N but not into D. Im guessing i will have to push the truck forward to take some weight off of things to get it to actually shift where it needs to be? The truck is on a sloped driveway,

i believe what you moved is the parking pawl, if doesnt get put back in correctly it wont go through the gears correctly or sometimes even at all

ya i noticed that, i was doing this on an incline and it didnt want to move. So when i did it on a level surface and took it back apart the pawl came back out. So i put it back in correctly and got the valve body in correctly. However the damn valve body isnt shifting it correctly. Might just be the B&M kit compared to the transgo or something.

Might just pick up a stock valve body and put that back in.