thank god!!!

phil

So I have been talkin to this guy all weekend about this 88 mustang. Built 306 with a vortec sc ? World class t5, 373 gears ect ect. The car was making low 5s on pump and mid on race gas and 20 lbs. He was going through some shit and had to ditch the car asap, I was at his house tonight going through the car everything looked great. Guy had paper work and dyno sheets seemed pretty straight. Very lil rust blah blah, so we take the car out I beat on it a lil, it was sick. As soon as we got to his house, smoke started rolling out, maybe 30 seconds later the car caught on fire. My guess is a fuel line got loose and hit the header cuz that shit went up quick. I looked at him said good luck and walked away . He put the fire out but the damage was beyond fixing.so ill crawl back to my little hole and wait for mine to come out.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that's seriously fucked up man... you beat the shit out of his car, watched it catch on fire (right after you drove it) and didn't feel you were responsible for it at all?

Can't say so, if I woulda handed him $ and that happened 5 minutes later you think I would have got my money back? Fuck no. I was draggin the car out , I wasn't doing burn outs, drifting ect ect. I made 2 freeway pulls to maybe 60-115. Hop off your high. Horse, you woulda walked away to

So how did he react? Or did you just leave while he was in the middle of putting out the flames? :lol: It's kind of a fucked up situation, but I can't blame you. You're right, had you bought it and that were to happen on the drive home, there's no was in hells he giving you your money back.

So how did he react? Or did you just leave while he was in the middle of putting out the flames? :lol: It's kind of a fucked up situation, but I can't blame you. You're right, had you bought it and that were to happen on the drive home, there's no was in hells he giving you your money back.

We were talking about the dyno graphs, my back was turned to the car, he was like no fucking way, ran to the car poped the hood and all u saw were flames, he stared screaming I stood there and shock and he ran to grab the hose. I looked at my dude that I had brought with me and he was like welp let's go. He started putting the fire out and I told him like, not to be a dick but yea, that ain't gone work sorry. Shook his hand and bounced.

We were talking about the dyno graphs, my back was turned to the car, he was like no fucking way, ran to the car poped the hood and all u saw were flames, he stared screaming I stood there and shock and he ran to grab the hose. I looked at my dude that I had brought with me and he was like welp let's go. He started putting the fire out and I told him like, not to be a dick but yea, that ain't gone work sorry. Shook his hand and bounced.

Bwhahahah :lol: :lol: I don't know why I find that so funny. Dudes car just burnt to the ground and you're just like... "well bro, thanks for the test drive, now that you shits on fire I gotta go... GLWS!" :lol:

I mean there isn't shit I could do. I laughed on the way home cuz I was 2 minutes from buying it. The car was nasty though, it jus blows that it went up like that. I mean his reaction was priceless, I was I woulda took a pic, but that would've been rude as hell

So I have been talkin to this guy all weekend about this 88 mustang. Built 306 with a vortec sc ? World class t5, 373 gears ect ect. The car was making low 5s on pump and mid on race gas and 20 lbs. He was going through some shit and had to ditch the car asap, I was at his house tonight going through the car everything looked great. Guy had paper work and dyno sheets seemed pretty straight. Very lil rust blah blah, so we take the car out I beat on it a lil, it was sick. As soon as we got to his house, smoke started rolling out, maybe 30 seconds later the car caught on fire. My guess is a fuel line got loose and hit the header cuz that shit went up quick. I looked at him said good luck and walked away . He put the fire out but the damage was beyond fixing.so ill crawl back to my little hole and wait for mine to come out.

Do you ever have a normal day where you just hang out and nothing happens ??

First the dog chasing a bike and now this !

Can't say so, if I woulda handed him $ and that happened 5 minutes later you think I would have got my money back? Fuck no. I was draggin the car out , I wasn't doing burn outs, drifting ect ect. I made 2 freeway pulls to maybe 60-115. Hop off your high. Horse, you woulda walked away to

I guess I am on a high horse because I would feel guilty and try to make things right.

Guest tbutera2112
I guess I am on a high horse because I would feel guilty and try to make things right.

why?? nothing phil did caused that car to go up in flames....whoever built it messed up, or there was an unlucky mechanical failure...but a couple highway pulls did not cause that car to go up in flames...its not like phil borrowed the car and put a nitrous kit on it and then it pooled and backfired catching the car on fire....it just went up in flames...if anything, the dude shoulda been appologizing to phil for wasting his time

U and tim tebow can save the world together then. My money. Is hard earned and I'm not buying somthing that's on fire

If things were made 'right' the car wouldn't have caught fire to begin with. The only thing I would've done was help the guy get the fire out, sympathize with him for a minute then bounce.

that's seriously fucked up man... you beat the shit out of his car, watched it catch on fire (right after you drove it) and didn't feel you were responsible for it at all?

sooo ok look at it this way what is the owner drove the car on the test drive... same outcome right... ... RIGHT....

Do you ever have a normal day where you just hang out and nothing happens ??

First the dog chasing a bike and now this !

well there was this one day :lol:

Even if it's a "smokin" hot deal"? ahohhh! :bangbang:
bahahahahaah winner :bangbang:

Phil has bad karma written all over him LOL

thats for sure

damn I wish you would have bought it, so after it went up in flames I could watch you cry and then call you a Fag and walk away :)

That would require you coming out of your cave. Since that won't happen there no need to wish. How tite is that leash getting? Have you purosed yet? Or is she jus gonna buy a ring and tell you when to show up?