performance shops...

2pointslow

So my car is in need of a tune, i have emailed two shops in bordering states saying i need a custom tune and dyno time. I listed my performance parts and what i am looking for. I said shoot me a price and we will get a day for me to drive over...

It has been a week with no response, i really dont want to go anywhere else but these two places. They have tuned several gen coupes with very good results. My car is running very lean and its daily driven. I have backed my boost down to 14psi from 20psi.

I have emailed several sponsers on here in hopes to get something accomplished yet noone wil touch it.....

Sorry i had to rant...

I had the cmd but alot of people have been blowing up cars using it. It has no way of adjusting timing. Dyno jet is coming out with a plug in that allows you to adjust timing but who know when that will be relased. Currently it allows you to adjust spark,fuel and boost.

More people are using power axel and a mbc..

cmd sucks, alot of people have been blowing up cars using that. It has no way of adjusting timing. they are coming out with a plug in that allows you to adjust timing but who know when that will be released.

More people are using power axel and a mbc..

That's a shame it doesn't control timing. AEM's FIC will do timing, but lacks in precise fuel control..

Thats where the gen coupe community is suffering. The power axel X module will control everything but boost. The only problem is our boost is electronically controlled up to 20psi where the ecu will cut out and drop it back down to 14psi ( stock boost).

Tunning options currently suck, i am wanting something temporary untill the Tc3 comes out next spring. Which will have full control over the factory ecu.

now if i could do FIC+cmd that would be awsome.... i just dont know if it is a safe option.

I have called them, in fact since you bring it up. The guy who I talked to was very rude. He said they were no longer doing anything with the genesis coupe. I even inquired about getting it built back when I was making bank. I asked if they would completely build it and when they could get me in. The shut me down, who turns down several thousands of dollars?

Wasnt buschur racing doing all sorts of stuff for the genesis? What happened to that? I remember spending a few hours one day on a genesis forum and under the buschur section, they had FMIC setups, turbo setups etc. What happened to that?

A lot of people are just scrapping their products. Most shops that build high hp cars are getting away from it. The engine is a terrible platform to make power. Up untill now there has been shitty tunning options. Love fab has completely scrapped their performance line. No-one is willing to pay 8k dollars for a turbo set up that produces 380whp I assume buscher is in the same predicament.

I love the car, I'm not looking to make anymore than 400rwhp. Which with my current set up and parts that I have coming is very easily attainable. The car handles well,looks good and is quick for what it is plus its different. I have no issue with taking the hard route to be different. I have found alternatives to expensive kits. I have been in contact with several shops around the us. I'm just not at this time willing to ship my car accross the states to get it tuned.

Currently the only fi available is a 8k dollar rotrex kit. Which doesn't include tunning. There are intakes, intake manifolds, cams, header back exhaust and flash software. I am assuming n/a the limit is 400 rwhp.

I am skeptical of 400 WHP n/a. It's 306 crank stock, right? so that's like maybe 250 or so WHP. So, you'r saying you can get 150 WHP with bolt on's and cam? If so that is amazing, and I would for sure own the V6.

My car's v6 is like 250 whp, and the most anyone has got out of my engine completely built n/a is like 330WHP.

and if people are getting close to 400 whp with bolt on's for the coupe I am trading my car in on one... haha

I have heard between 380 to 400 now they had head work done. Parts are expensive, the car is expensive, that is why you don't see many 3.8.

if shops are refusing work then i would sell the car. No point in driving a time bomb that no one wants/has parts to work on.