Obama to scrap missile defense shield if Russia helps with Iran

Tomcat0403

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/03/02/report-obama-offers-scrap-missile-shield-russia-cooperates-iran/

Just great....I wonder why the Russians don't want a missile shield over Europe. Seems pretty clear to me. The threat is not only from Iran (as the article says), but the politicians don't think that anything like the Cold War could ever happen again. No...the Russians being a threat again...why that's preposterous!

Economic interest would be the only reason we'd have to defend Europe... 99% of the time that's always the bottom line reason. Protecting the market.

I agree though, let das Germans build it. Unpimp das missile system!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv157ZIInUk

Edited by JRMMiii

I think its really for us.

They put it in Europe so as to intercept post launch.

They would engage and destroy the missles before they enter orbit.

IIRC, ICBMs leave the atmosphere, enter space and reenter over their targets.

Let the Europeans build their own shite.

Let me ask everyone this..would you want Russia building a weapons system in Canada or Mexico? Didn't think so.

Or Cuba?

Or Cuba?

Exactly. Although, those missiles were for purely offensive reasons, they principle is still the same. We wouldn't tolerate another countries weapons systems that close to our borders. It's no surprise that Russia is pissed off. And let's be honest...the system might take down one errant missle, but it is easy to overwhelm. AND we can take down a few missles right NOW without the shield.