WTB - Shotgun

Diamonds

my 870 on the other hand, as beat to fuck as it is after owning it for ~12 years, i have never had a single issue. you can get one for <$300 new and if you take 1/2 as good of care of it as i have mine, it'll last you, your kid, and probably your grandkids.

I just put my 870 up for sale. $350 and it comes with a slug barrel.

Bob, just go to Buckeye Outdoors and buy a Browning BPS 12 ga pump for around $499. Much higher quality and much better shooting than a Mossberg or Remington. It's the kind of shotgun you can pass down to your grandkids.

Like I said before Remington 1100 is a good choice. Nice used one are available. Good info here below. I was just over at my grandfathers home and he showed me a beautiful 1100 Skeet gun with 2 sets of barrels 28 ga modified choke and a skeet barrel with full vent ribs. He said its yours for 1000.00 Now this gun is the top dog and pretty hard to find in mint cond.

You can find plain 1100's less then 500.00

The Remington 1100 is a semi automatic, gas-operated shotgun, popular among clay target shooters and waterfowlers.By: marvin Posted: May 14, 2007 Filed under: Shotguns, Remington, Gas Operated, .410 bore, 12 Gauge, 16 Gauge, 20 Gauge, 28 Gauge

The Remington 1100 was designed by Wayne Leek and formally named the Remington model 1100. The shotgun was introduced in 1963 as the premier successor to John Browning's Auto-5. All models of the Remington 1100 are gas operated, with a unique mechanism that significantly reduces recoil. The Remington 1100 is still currently in production as of 2007, and is consistently the best selling self loading shotgun in United States history.

Different Gauges Introduction

12 gauge (1963)

16 gauge (1964)

20 gauge (1969)

.410 bore (1969)

Matched Pair in .410 bore & 28-gauge (1970)

Uses in Skeet and Trap Shooting

When the Remington 1100 was first introduced in 1963, the Remington 1100 was an instant success especially with Skeet shooters. Particularly popular was the gas-operated action of the model 1100 as it significantly reduced felt recoil.

The Remington 1100 is also a very popular Trap gun, special variants with Monte Carlo stocks and high ribs are available. As with numerous other semi automatic shotguns a standard shell catcher can be used to fully avoid spent shells striking others on the squad when shooting Trap.

The drastically reduced recoil of the Remington 1100 makes it extremely popular with smaller framed, first time, and Women skeet shooters as well.

Numerous parts of the 1100 were and are interchangeable with other Remington shotguns model 11-87 and 870.

Edited by BrianZ06

Beretta 391 also a good choice.

Not trying to knock your opinion on the 1100, but I have enjoyed shooting clays with a 391 much more than an 1100. A 391 is the only semi I will shoot clays with. Being able to preload the 2nd shot is very nice (and fast) and putting a little swing weight on the forearm makes it a great clays gun with a nice follow through.

Not trying to knock your opinion on the 1100, but I have enjoyed shooting clays with a 391 much more than an 1100. A 391 is the only semi I will shoot clays with. Being able to preload the 2nd shot is very nice (and fast) and putting a little swing weight on the forearm makes it a great clays gun with a nice follow through.

Main reason I was pushing the 1100 is that they are a little easier to find and less $ . I agree lots of choices it just depends on how thick your wallet is.