Test drove a STS-V... what else?

Diamonds

I test drove the 2006 STS-V they have over at Rader Car Company on Shrock road. BTW, those guys are super nice, and they actually talked me out of buying it... i know right?

I was pretty impressed with the car... but have few questions.

1. I know it has a S/C northstar engine, weren't there some pitfalls to that engine though?

2. What is the northstar engine? school me on it.

3. What other cars are out there that are newer, RWD or AWD, makes 400+ hp, is a 4 door luxury car, and costs under 25k? im looking!

here is what I pulled up on google regarding the STSV motor....

Supercharged LC3

A 4.4 L (266 cu in) supercharged Northstar is used in the 2006 Cadillac STS-V and Cadillac XLR-V. The bore was reduced for increased strength and improved head gasket sealing. Variable valve timing is used on both the intake and exhaust sides. The STS-V engine produces 469 hp (350 kW) at 6400 rpm and 439 lb·ft (595 N·m) at 3900 rpm with 9:1 compression and the XLR-V engine produces 443 hp (330 kW) at 6400 rpm and 414 lb·ft (561 N·m) at 3900 rpm.

Year Model Power Torque

2006–2009 Cadillac STS-V 469 hp (350 kW) @ 6400 rpm 439 lb·ft (595 N·m) @ 3900 rpm

2006–2009 Cadillac XLR-V 443 hp (330 kW) @ 6400 rpm 414 lb·ft (561 N·m) @ 3900 rpm

Edited by Diamonds

E55 have my vote too. Since I curently rocking one. It's very solid car as far as the drive train go, all the little elctronic gadgets that come along with the car make the car expensive to own (keyless-go key cost $500 to replace). If you get one, try to go at least the '04 and up since a lot of the "issues" are worked out. The only gripe I have is no MT.

'00-'02 M5 are real nice too, just love the way the angel eye headlights look. M5 with exhaust sounds intoxicating too.