iPhone rate plans...

Putty

To me, it's too much. The $80 plan is where I see me being, but that's 200 text messages....I have 1000 now. 900 minutes and I have 1500. I pay 59.00 a month after tax. This thing would cost me 85+ a month. I called apple and the 499/599 prices are with a 2yr contract...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

The phone is nice but the plan is too expensive right now. I know it is packed full of features but it isn't worth the price of the phone and the plan. Maybe when the price drops. It sucks that only AT&T has the phone for the next few years. :slap: A little competition from the other wireless carriers would have the made the phone more appealing not to mention the price drop.

To me, it's too much. The $80 plan is where I see me being, but that's 200 text messages....I have 1000 now. 900 minutes and I have 1500. I pay 59.00 a month after tax. This thing would cost me 85+ a month. I called apple and the 499/599 prices are with a 2yr contract...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/easysetup/rateplans.html

Definately... Don't get me wrong, its cool as shit. And I don't really mind the high priced plans too much... BUT when you're saying I need to buy a $500 phone on top of that too?!?!?!!?!?! NO WAY... Especially when you could get a great phone from other companies for $100 and less. Lots of companies are givinig great phones away.

Definately... Don't get me wrong, its cool as shit. And I don't really mind the high priced plans too much... BUT when you're saying I need to buy a $500 phone on top of that too?!?!?!!?!?! NO WAY... Especially when you could get a great phone from other companies for $100 and less. Lots of companies are givinig great phones away.

There's also the possible cancellation fee if you want to terminate and switch to AT&T.

I could (if I wanted to loose my job) search the internet from my "pocket pc"

phone from verizon that I use for work .... It has unlimited data transfer for 60 bucks a month, but its not the full version of the internet like on the iphone ...

Im just thinking that you should wait about a year or so and let the suckers get the first one and have it explode in there hand (you like your hands dont you)

and get the second or third version that will no doubt come out in six months or so and save yourself alot of money and fingers....just a thought...

:rant::rolleyes:

I personally hate touch screen phones.. hence why iphone doesn't do anything for me. Internet on a phone is old to me and so is music and video really. I have a Blackberry and a T-Mobile Dash (by far the best phone I think I've owned).

The prices for the phone are good considering the technology, however it's not a huge convience when something goes wrong. Imagine 6 months down the line and you're $600 phone thats still back ordered get's stuck in horizontal mode. Or even worse locks up. Or it could just lag and lag and lag.

For both my phones together I pay under a hundred a month with unlimited data/text/ect on the Dash and combined minutes of 3000+. I get XM on my Dash which far surpasses what 4gigs of space offers in terms of a music library.

I also get the full benefits of running windows on my phone such as viewing all my Excel price lists, reading PDFs, and basically offering an office in my pocket. Oh, and I get to play NES and SNES emulators on my phone.

There's really nothing exclusive except the "I" stamp it gets. IMO it's a waste of good energy.

My BB Pearl works just fine for me. touchscreen just means more prints and shit for me to continue to clean off.

Here is what I found today from a review...

It's iPhone release week and engadget has a mini review of the iPhone up already. Many people have speculated that despite the hype, the iPhone would not cut into the sale of BlackBerry devices because of the lack of a tactile keyboard. engadget agrees as they say the keyboard is "disappointing." Apparently you have to press the keys pretty hard to get them to register. Using your thumbs often registers multiple key hits. That would be very frustrating for heavy text users.

The reviewer goes on to say "It won't replace a BlackBerry. It's not good for text input. It's just not a business product."

BUT YOU CAN FLIP THE INTERNET ON ITS SIDE!!!!

The only things that I like about the phone are the video voice mail and the 2 mega pixel camera on a phone (even though that's not exclusive to the iPhone).

But there is a laundry list of drawbacks to the phone.

Love the idea of this phone, but the technology is so new. I will be waiting at least a year for this one to get all the bugs out..... This is the same reason why I havent bought the PS3, well that and the fact that I have no money :)