You supply a current Driver's License

You supply your Social Security #

You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of

their

choosing

Each update - change or ownership through private or public sale

must be

reported and costs $25 - Failure to do so you automatically lose the

right to own a firearm and are subject up to a year in jail.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a

child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to

any child

under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are

storing your

gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is

punishable for up

to 5 yrs. in prison.

If you think this is a joke - go to the website and take your

pick of

many options to read this. It is long and lengthy. But, more and

more people

are becoming aware of this. Pass the word along. Any hunters in

your family

pass this along.

Peter Boyles is on this and having guests. Listen to him on KHOW 630

a.m. in the morning. He suggests the best way to fight this is

to tell

all your friends about it and "spring into action". Also he

suggests we all join

a pro-gun group like the Colorado Rifle Association, hunting

associations,

gun clubs and especially the NRA.

This is just a "termite" approach to complete confiscation of

guns and

disarming of our society to the point we have no defense - chip

away a

little here and there until the goal is accomplished before anyone

realizes it.

This is one to act on whether you own a gun or not.

If you take my gun, only the criminal will have one to use

against me.

HR 45 only makes me/us less safe. After working with convicts

for 26 years I

know this bill, if passed, would make them happy and in less

danger from

their victims.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c111:H.R.45:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h45/show

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-45

Please.. copy and send this out to EVERYONE in the USA.

Edited by Fonzie

the govt is too broke and there is no way they have the manpower to go inspect the storage of guns. If it does somehow pass most likely they will not be able to inforce it on guns you already own.

So they selectively use this tool whenever, & against whomever, they decide to. No thanks

Besides.....How's the governement broke?!? They just printed $280 billion dollars & acquired some of the biggest corporations in America

Lets say this does pass... Who will be the poor saps that will have to go retrieve the firearms?

National Guard......Army Reserve......Local police, Sheriffs, & SWAT

That'd be my guess

I don't agree or disagree with this..I don't have an opinion on it yet. But, it's clearly obvious that you guys and gals did not read the whole Snopes page. More Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt...which seems to be rampant on this forum.

The inspection is ONLY for places where firearms are manufactured or stored for COMMERCE, not ordinary households. This isn't a bill made to selectively pick people households and raid them. Get real people.

Again, I don't really have an opinion on this one way or the other...but what I simply can't stand is people creating paranoia based on half truths.

People....RTFA!!!! Stop commenting on shit that you only read the first couple of words on.

Unreal.

There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a

child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to

any child

under 18.

They would have the right to come and inspect that you are

storing your

gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is

punishable for up

to 5 yrs. in prison.

this sounds like anyplace a child is locted, not just manufatured or stored for commerce.

this sounds like anyplace a child is locted, not just manufatured or stored for commerce.

Again...you didn't READ. You are quoting someone's personal interpretation of the bill. Not the actual bill itself. If you had bothered to keep reading a mere paragraph away, you would be edumacated.

Please provide the actual text from the bill stating that individual households will be searched.

*waiting*

Again...you didn't READ. You are quoting someone's personal interpretation of the bill. Not the actual bill itself. If you had bothered to keep reading a mere paragraph away, you would be edumacated.

Please provide the actual text from the bill stating that individual households will be searched.

*waiting*

im not going to argue honestly i hate political back and forth. (most days) i read the thing twice so i got edumacated x2. but isnt any law basically someones personal interperetation? :dunno: like the 2nd amendment how many ways has it ben interpreted.

my problem is with the way some judges are and some states are anything can be one thing and totally a different thing somewhere else.

I'll take pretty much that whole aggressively stated post as aimed at me, since I originated the thread.

You're right.....I skimmed the Snopes page. All of it looked legit, and I missed the "commerce" sentence all those paragraphs down. With all the wording about "storage" & minors though......It still doesn't seem to me to be exclusively "business" oriented, as I don't know many arms businesses who have youth underfoot, unless you're talkin' some mom & pop shop.

I think you're naively trusting government interpretation of their own verbage should that bill somehow pass. Sometimes you gotta be cynical enough to read between the lines

Unreal

if a firearms license holder fails to notify the Attorney General of an address change within 60 days, that person would be subject to a 5 year prison term and a fine of up to $250,000

and this is a little over the top i believe also. 4 time dui offenders get less.....

I don't agree or disagree with this..I don't have an opinion on it yet. But, it's clearly obvious that you guys and gals did not read the whole Snopes page. More Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt...which seems to be rampant on this forum.

The inspection is ONLY for places where firearms are manufactured or stored for COMMERCE, not ordinary households. This isn't a bill made to selectively pick people households and raid them. Get real people.

Again, I don't really have an opinion on this one way or the other...but what I simply can't stand is people creating paranoia based on half truths.

People....RTFA!!!! Stop commenting on shit that you only read the first couple of words on.

Unreal.

The govt has no business with ANY attempt at controlling guns. They haven't been able to control the criminals and their gun activity so they try to come after the legal/responsible gun owners? Yeah that makes alot of sense.

The govt has no business with ANY attempt at controlling guns. They haven't been able to control the criminals and their gun activity so they try to come after the legal/responsible gun owners? Yeah that makes alot of sense.

focus on the instruments of crime instead of the crime or criminal................

Nuclear weapons for all!

I'll take pretty much that whole aggressively stated post as aimed at me, since I originated the thread.

You're right.....I skimmed the Snopes page. All of it looked legit, and I missed the "commerce" sentence all those paragraphs down. With all the wording about "storage" & minors though......It still doesn't seem to me to be exclusively "business" oriented, as I don't know many arms businesses who have youth underfoot, unless you're talkin' some mom & pop shop.

I think you're naively trusting government interpretation of their own verbage should that bill somehow pass. Sometimes you gotta be cynical enough to read between the lines

Unreal

Reading between the lines doesn't work for me. I prefer facts when I make decisions or form opinions on something. See...what happens is people naturally want to 'read between the lines' when it serves their own cause..and follow the 'letter of the law' when it suits them as well. I don't think having it both ways really works. Everyone needs to be on the same page..and that's what knowing the facts first gets you.