Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009

Fonzie

Reading between the lines doesn't work for me. I prefer facts when I make decisions or form opinions on something. See...what happens is people naturally want to 'read between the lines' when it serves their own cause..and follow the 'letter of the law' when it suits them as well. I don't think having it both ways really works. Everyone needs to be on the same page..and that's what knowing the facts first gets you.

Tell that to the politicians

If it involves the government having any say in the private affairs of the free market or the lives of citizens I have one thing to say..."No thanks' date=' and please go fuck yourself. I do not comply."[/quote']

werd

The govt has no business with ANY attempt at controlling guns. They haven't been able to control the criminals and their gun activity so they try to come after the legal/responsible gun owners? Yeah that makes alot of sense.

You're missing my point..did you actually read my post or just posted a knee jerk reaction?

I am not debating the act of gun control..or this bill in particular. The point of my post was that people are being SHEEP when they comment on something they don't research for themselves. If I had posted on that olink that was posted by OP, that 'This Bill will keep guns from every American under 80 years old', and everyone who posted in this thread came in and said "that's wrong...that's BS..blah blah blah" without actually taking the TIME and EFFORT to research what the bill ACTUALLY said...it makes you look stupid. That is EXACTLY what happened in this thread...and other threads about the same topic. Someone posts a half truth, and the masses want to jump on it and say Obama needs to be dealt with..or the government has no business doing that..etc etc etc. The point isn't whether or not those things are true..the point is, did you or anyone else bother to RTFA?!?!

That's what I'm fed up with..people who don't bother researching anything on their own and are ready to start a lynch mob over shit they don't even understand.

Tell that to the politicians

Again..more misdirection. I'm not talking about the politicians..or the mf'er who introduced this bill. I'm talking about the general population..more specifically the people on this forum.

This is what usually happens, and it's happening right now. Someone posts some half truth nonsense. Take your pick. The half truth is exposed as just that. Now, the discussion turns to something else without anyone addressing the the original post or statement or whatever was flawed. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

Next, what will happen is that someone will say that I support the government taking control of our lives...which is so far from the truth it's not even funny. It's not even ABOUT the bill!!!! or gun control!!! or cock size!! it's about people BLINDLY believing every piece of shit they read on the Internet. MY GOD!!! This is the internet!!

Right' date=' but how am I going to get a revolution started if I don't get my Peeps worked up and in a blood crazed frenzy??[/quote']

Hot poker in the ass. Not only will they be worked up, they'll be homo-phobic. You'll get the minorities and gays in one fell swoop. Put a little bit of disease on that poker and now you've got a REVOLUTION!

You're missing my point..did you actually read my post or just posted a knee jerk reaction?

I am not debating the act of gun control..or this bill in particular. The point of my post was that people are being SHEEP when they comment on something they don't research for themselves. If I had posted on that olink that was posted by OP, that 'This Bill will keep guns from every American under 80 years old', and everyone who posted in this thread came in and said "that's wrong...that's BS..blah blah blah" without actually taking the TIME and EFFORT to research what the bill ACTUALLY said...it makes you look stupid. That is EXACTLY what happened in this thread...and other threads about the same topic. Someone posts a half truth, and the masses want to jump on it and say Obama needs to be dealt with..or the government has no business doing that..etc etc etc. The point isn't whether or not those things are true..the point is, did you or anyone else bother to RTFA?!?!

That's what I'm fed up with..people who don't bother researching anything on their own and are ready to start a lynch mob over shit they don't even understand.

You're right, my posts make me look stupid. I only wish I was as wise as you. We are blinded sheep and are not worthy of posting our opinions on a subject. Please forgive me almighty forum god.

Again..more misdirection. I'm not talking about the politicians..or the mf'er who introduced this bill. I'm talking about the general population..more specifically the people on this forum.

This is what usually happens, and it's happening right now. Someone posts some half truth nonsense. Take your pick. The half truth is exposed as just that. Now, the discussion turns to something else without anyone addressing the the original post or statement or whatever was flawed. Wash/Rinse/Repeat.

Next, what will happen is that someone will say that I support the government taking control of our lives...which is so far from the truth it's not even funny. It's not even ABOUT the bill!!!! or gun control!!! or cock size!! it's about people BLINDLY believing every piece of shit they read on the Internet. MY GOD!!! This is the internet!!

Yes almighty one. I am misdirected. I am not worthy.

BTW Fucktard, I maintain my position that the govt has no business with ANY type of gun control.

Yes almighty one. I am misdirected. I am not worthy.

BTW Fucktard, I maintain my position that the govt has no business with ANY type of gun control.

Ok..now I'm a fuck tard. Got it, internet warrior. I like how being behind a keyboard gives people all sorts of courage.

Anyways..if the shoe fits...I guess. I didn't call you out by name..or anyone in particular. I made an observation. I guess that's against the law too.

And yeah, you are entitled to your position on gun control. So is everyone else. That's not what my post was about...again.

Ok..now I'm a fuck tard. Got it, internet warrior. I like how being behind a keyboard gives people all sorts of courage.

Anyways..if the shoe fits...I guess. I didn't call you out by name..or anyone in particular. I made an observation. I guess that's against the law too.

And yeah, you are entitled to your position on gun control. So is everyone else. That's not what my post was about...again.

mmmmmkay, you got it right wise and almighty forum god I am an internet warrior. not........worthy.............of..............posting.

let's keep this simple: what is the point of this law? what will this law accomplish? how many millions of dollars will this law cost american citizens? how many cents will this law cost to criminals or would be criminals?

if you pass further restrictions on a person who can and have already passed a NICS background check, or better yet, an federal firearms licensee (who already have fingerprint cards registered at the sheriff's office, a stringent FBI background check, and registering just about every form of identification available), how much safer have you made anything?

Got it, internet warrior. I like how being behind a keyboard gives people all sorts of courage.

And again I'll point out how you set the tone for the rest of this thread & the others who joined later, with your first post which I felt was you aggressively lashing out at myself & the others involved

Am I remembering correctly.....Matt...Isn't it?

I didn't post a "half truth" as you keep calling it. Just because the bill claims to be for those in "commerce", doesn't make it a half truth. Especially if you find some of the language used a bit ambiguous and more indicative of "personal use" issues

it's about people BLINDLY believing every piece of shit they read on the Internet. MY GOD!!! This is the internet!!

Bad day today Matt??? :confused: Again.....It checked out on Snopes, so "NO"......I didn't blindly believe it

Just another way for "the man" to track everything we do and of course make us pay THEM to do it..

(2) FEE AMOUNT- The amount of the fee collected under this subsection shall be not less than the amount determined by the Attorney General to be necessary to ensure that the total amount of all fees collected under this subsection during a fiscal year is sufficient to cover the costs of carrying out this title during that fiscal year, except that such amount shall not exceed $25.

Then here is the BS that I don't want to have to deal with..

‘(bb) Unauthorized Sale or Transfer of a Qualifying Firearm- It shall be unlawful for any person to sell, deliver, or otherwise transfer a qualifying firearm to, or for, any person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, or to receive a qualifying firearm from a person who is not a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector, unless, at the time and place of the transfer or receipt--
So now if I sell a gun I have to validate their license?
‘(ff) Failure To Provide Notice of Change of Address- It shall be unlawful for any individual to whom a firearm license has been issued under title I of Blair Holt’s Firearm Licensing and Record of Sale Act of 2009 to fail to report to the Attorney General a change in the address of that individual within 60 days of that change of address
Hell I don't have to renew my drivers license if I move until my they expire but god forbid I don't pay another $25 to change my address on my gun license.
(b) Failure To Comply With Universal Background Checks; Failure To Timely Report Loss or Theft of a Qualifying Firearm; Failure To Provide Notice of Change of Address- Section 924(a)(5) of such title is amended by striking ‘(s) or (t)’ and inserting ‘(t), (cc), (ee), or (ff)’.
What is "timely"? Some people could go months without actually using/checking on a handgun. This is the BS that fucks people.. It is not cut and dry wording.
SEC. 404. ORDERS.

The Attorney General may issue an order prohibiting the sale or transfer of any firearm that the Attorney General finds has been transferred or distributed in violation of this Act, an amendment made by this Act, or a regulation issued under this Act.

Don't like this either... Sounds like if they get behind, you might go months before you can sell a gun if the Gov THINKS something is wrong or messed up.
(6) a certification by the applicant that the applicant will keep any firearm owned by the applicant safely stored and out of the possession of persons who have not attained 18 years of age;
What about hunting? I see nothing here about hunting.. There is legal hunting guns that will fall in this bill. I read over the whole bill and either I missed it or I did not see anything about hunting. What if my 17 year old son, while hunting, was carrying a rifle or god forbid acidently shoots someone? Let me guess the next law will be you have to be 18 to hunt?
‘(36) The term ‘qualifying firearm’--

‘(A) means--

‘(i) any handgun; or

‘(ii) any semiautomatic firearm that can accept any detachable ammunition feeding device

(1) to protect the public against the unreasonable risk of injury and death associated with the unrecorded sale or transfer of qualifying firearms to criminals and youth

LOL this would be good if we were starting with 0 guns. This is complete BS and will not solve any problems. There are millions upon millions of guns that are not registerd and used every day in crmininal acts. I also love how they just generalize youth and somehow people of youth can not operate a gun.

And again I'll point out how you set the tone for the rest of this thread & the others who joined later, with your first post which I felt was you aggressively lashing out at myself & the others involved

Am I remembering correctly.....Matt...Isn't it?

I didn't post a "half truth" as you keep calling it. Just because the bill claims to be for those in "commerce", doesn't make it a half truth. Especially if you find some of the language used a bit ambiguous and more indicative of "personal use" issues

Bad day today Matt??? :confused: Again.....It checked out on Snopes, so "NO"......I didn't blindly believe it

When people say this bill allows for private homes to be searched..yeah, that's a half truth. Again, I'm not sticking up for this bill..or ANY bill regarding gun control. What I'm opposed to is people trying to get the natives all riled up on things that are NOT facts. Like..the whole..'the assault weapon ban covers any gun with a magazine'. Same thing!! If people took the time to research what they are campaigning for and forming opinions on, is that such a bad thing? You're trying to make this sound like it's OK for people to post something that is inaccurate and get everyone else to agree with it. If you're going to be against this bill, be against it for the right reasons...the facts..not something that someone anonymous person on the internet stated. Again...that point will be glazed over...watch.

Have fun being upset over things that don't exist. I'm not going to lose sleep over it. When I choose to be upset or emotional over something, I'll be sure to have all the facts I can at my disposal. I don't assume or take anything for granted.

Carry on.

Matt:cool:

Just another way for "the man" to track everything we do and of course make us pay THEM to do it..

Then here is the BS that I don't want to have to deal with..

So now if I sell a gun I have to validate their license?

Hell I don't have to renew my drivers license if I move until my they expire but god forbid I don't pay another $25 to change my address on my gun license.

What is "timely"? Some people could go months without actually using/checking on a handgun. This is the BS that fucks people.. It is not cut and dry wording.

Don't like this either... Sounds like if they get behind, you might go months before you can sell a gun if the Gov THINKS something is wrong or messed up.

What about hunting? I see nothing here about hunting.. There is legal hunting guns that will fall in this bill. I read over the whole bill and either I missed it or I did not see anything about hunting. What if my 17 year old son, while hunting, was carrying a rifle or god forbid acidently shoots someone? Let me guess the next law will be you have to be 18 to hunt?

LOL this would be good if we were starting with 0 guns. This is complete BS and will not solve any problems. There are millions upon millions of guns that are not registerd and used every day in crmininal acts. I also love how they just generalize youth and somehow people of youth can not operate a gun.

I agree with everything you posted here. This is what I'm talking about..someone actually took the time to figure out why they didn't like this shit, instead of forming an opinion on some anonymous paragraph.

There's hope for this place yet.

• 2 weeks later...