Anyone ever been to Bondurant/Skip Barber/Spring Mountain?

hpfiend

I've heard nothing but good things about all of them but never done any myself. Mainly because none of them seem to be within reasonable distance.

Are you looking to improve your driving or are you looking to learn race craft? If you're just looking to take your personal driving to the next level it's cheaper (though not by much) to hire a professional driving coach for a day. Most groups will allow this even in a DE format with prior approval but doing so in an open lapping day format is the best way to get the most for your money.

If you're looking to learn race craft one of the big name schools is probably better.

Andy

My father and I enjoy all motorsports and know very little about high performance driving. The few scca autocrosses I have been to are a lot of hassle/time/energy for a few minutes of driving of which the first two runs I do not even finish to get a time because I am trying to learn the course. I hear the porsche club events are better which sean graciously provided the information for me but in reality with our young son and a kitchen renovation I have not made it out once. I feel my dad and I should get more out of the corvettes we own (03 z06 and 08 coupe) and it would be a fun experience to do together.

I do not think we will be traveling/trailering all across the country with spare tires/brakes/clutches to various road racing events afterwards but will maybe hit up mid ohio or nelson ledges once or twice a year.

It is either something like this or we build another drag car together.

you should do a high performance driver's ed (hpde) thing with NASA or run the driver's ed thing with the porsche club...my fiance did both this year at mid ohio and it seems to help a lot of people out because you have classroom instruction and an instructor in your car

it's usually under $400 for two days and you get 3-4 sessions on the track each day depending on the club you are doing it with

you should do a high performance driver's ed (hpde) thing with NASA or run the driver's ed thing with the porsche club...my fiance did both this year at mid ohio and it seems to help a lot of people out because you have classroom instruction and an instructor in your car

it's usually under $400 for two days and you get 3-4 sessions on the track each day depending on the club you are doing it with

+1.

Based on your updated post I think that a Drivers Education event is the ticket for your next stage of learning. PCA, BMWCCA, NASA and I'm sure there's even a corvette club out there and all offer great platforms for beginners to advacned students. Even the Mid Ohio school itself wouldn't be a bad option.