HAWT Ferrari 458

Skinner

Sometimes i wonder what goes through peoples mind that own these cars. Some of the wrecked pictures are just sad and i feel bad for the car for the fate of being put in the hands of someone with a god complex. Granted i dont know the full story, which im guessing it hated life and set fire to itself. But still beautiful even if it is half charred.
  • Upvote 1

Sometimes i wonder what goes through peoples mind that own these cars. Some of the wrecked pictures are just sad and i feel bad for the car for the fate of being put in the hands of someone with a god complex. Granted i dont know the full story, which im guessing it hated life and set fire to itself. But still beautiful even if it is half charred.

Did you ever think that maybe there was a mechanical failure leading to the fire? Not every exotic owner has a "god complex" just because they own a Ferrari. An accident can happen in any vehicle.

That's ignorant.

Did you ever think that maybe there was a mechanical failure leading to the fire? Not every exotic owner has a "god complex" just because they own a Ferrari. An accident can happen in any vehicle.

from the article.

For the last three months, one Ferrari 458 Italia's been destroyed every ten days.

from the article.

Congrats, you passed the reading section in English class. I am impressed.

Once again, the article shows that four of those vehicles were rear fires. There is obviously a design flaw somewhere. An accident can happen in any vehicle. I just find it funny how quickly someone is willing to bash an exotic owner...most likely out of jealousy. Find me the numbers of how many Chevrolet Cobalts (common car) were destroyed within the first 90 days of release. We can go from there.

Please reread what i typed in my first reply. 1. As i stated i did not know the full story of the car and its fire problem.(which i read later) 2. I never said "every" owner had a complex nor did i single our Ferrari either. im sorry, but a high percentage or people that own those class of cars probably have no idea how to drive them in the first place. You can see that by going through the vast majority of wrecked exotics on that site.

And yes. A lot of people that own exotics do have a chip on their shoulder and treat others as though they are below them (God Complex). And for that i laugh. Call me ignorant or what ever you will. Im going off personal experience, when i try to talk to someone about their cars and they blow you off like a 30 cent hooker in detroit. But there are those occasions where someone is actually considerate and exited that you have an interest and want to talk to them. That to me is a car enthusiast, and not a prick with to much money.

Edited by decptcon

Congrats, you passed the reading section in English class. I am impressed.

Once again, the article shows that four of those vehicles were rear fires. There is obviously a design flaw somewhere. An accident can happen in any vehicle. I just find it funny how quickly someone is willing to bash an exotic owner...most likely out of jealousy. Find me the numbers of how many Chevrolet Cobalts (common car) were destroyed within the first 90 days of release. We can go from there.

I find it funny that you ignored the fact that other 6 that have wrecked were just that wrecked. Also looks like you didn't pass reading section in the because nowhere in the article does it say how many were burned. I will agree that there is a issue with the cars burning to the ground but its a Italian thing. Lamborghini had the same issue until VAG came along and fixed all their issues.