30-30 lever action model 94

BrianZ06

I have been out of the gun scene for a while and I have a 30-30 winchester model 94 that was sold thru sears stamped ted williams model 100. This gun was made in the late 60's early 70's. It is in near mint condition. Winchester made them for sears to sell from what I understand. I was thinking about selling or trading around for a handgun. Is there a market for 30-30's.

Age has some bearing on price I know when dealing with winchesters and brownings. Pre 1964 and post 64 is the breaking point. The pre 64's were more hand fitted and used more hand forging to build after 64 they went cheap and used more cast parts and less hand fitting, also the wood was a lesser grade usually. From what I have read the quality got a little better in the late 60's and 70's. The one I have has real nice wood and the bluing is pretty nice for a low grade gun.

Gun shows are NOT the place to sell a gun.

JMO...

KillJoy

Why you say that ? I know everyones looking for a bargain or to buy something to turn a buck. I use to go all the time and buy,sell,trade. Its been a long time since I have been to one though.

• 2 weeks later...