Thinking of going 2jz GTE turbo

Comebackkid

imo the v160 getrag isnt as fun to drive because the gear ratios are all fucked. If you do the sway, order a 1jz swap also and sell the 1jz motor. The 1j r154 will bolt up to the 2j and hold plenty of power

I hope nobody else has the same opinion as you...

Do not do what he said.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A supra has a stout motor. trans i dont think so rear either. you were proably leavin low boost and featherin the clutch to keep it alive. try leaving at full boost and dump the clutch. thats a big diff. im not saying he shouldent do it imk saying for the money. v8 turbo

We are talking about motors here not rear ends right? But so you get your facts straight, trans will handle anything you throw at it, any 6 speed supra you see out there still has the factory bone stock trans. Diff people upgrade to the TRD diff and run 8's, but they do break.

And by full boost dumping the clutch you mean like this right?

Thats stock trans trd diff, IRS

God damn you're a stupid motherfucker.

yep im the stupid one running 8s in a very inexpensive v8 turbo setup.

whats your car run.? hmmmmmmm

the thing about these cars are they dont tell you how much or how many times theyve broken their stock units.

24.Alex L. 12.968 @ 111.38 2.215 60' 4-23-10 --'92 SC300--turbo

WOW your fast. id run my mouth as much as possible with those impressive times.

We are talking about motors here not rear ends right? But so you get your facts straight, trans will handle anything you throw at it, any 6 speed supra you see out there still has the factory bone stock trans. Diff people upgrade to the TRD diff and run 8's, but they do break. and are these factory 6spds gateplated for full throttle shifting? if so they aint stock no more.

And by full boost dumping the clutch you mean like this right?

Thats stock trans trd diff, IRS

and how many times has he broken the trans and diff.? just saying.

for the cost of a 2jz and naz. a v8 turbo is a cheaper setup.

i like supras and think the motors are awsome. a

I've been looking around on ebay for 2jz swaps and the price don't look that bad.. I'm just tired of the honda world and need to try something else so I don't get out of the hole racing scene lol..

Questions

Auto vs 6 speed trans for racing?

What engine managment to tune with

How much hp can I get out of stock longblock? Of coruse upgrade fuel:cool:

Stuff like that

discuss lol

shit your made of money just build a supra and put 50,000 in it so u can run 8s.

and how many times has he broken the trans and diff.? just saying.

for the cost of a 2jz and naz. a v8 turbo is a cheaper setup.

i like supras and think the motors are awsome. a

Cost yes, if your broke and want to build a v8 like every other guy out there for cheap go ahead.

Like I said the diffs do break, but trans no. In the 3 years I've been posting on SF and watching videos, taking trips down to Texas I have seen 1 person break a trans. Hard to believe something factory takes such abuse right?

yep.

and he should be like everyone else cheap is better.

im turboing the blazer now. should be right at 500-600 whp. small build ill have about 2000 in the swap to go turbo

and about 6000 in the entire blazer total. but this is using old parts i already have as well. so we will say 10000 for the entire build

4400 lb blazer and proably low 11 or high 10. street car and very fun.

shit your made of money just build a supra and put 50,000 in it so u can run 8s.

I can do that with 39,000 cause there's a 8 sec one on another forum lol I spend alot of money on my project's but once a year(Got to love the tax return with 2 kids) Then little money here and there from my tiny pay check's. The hole v8turbo is bad ass just the

you need to do what makes you happy. but i know supra parts are not enexpensive like sbc parts. and not as commonplace. cant just go to jegs to get parts. wich saves on shipping. little things like that add up fast to the total to build a project.

thats why the camaro has ben on the back burner till the s10 tune is final and done then the blazer turboed now. then the camaro will start this winter again.

my camaro build is budget to be less that 30,000 drag radial 275 tire and 94mm turbo class limit. my goal is high 7s. but i do the work myself. and will b building my own turbo headers this time so i dont have to hear. did ips build your truck?

yep im the stupid one running 8s in a very inexpensive v8 turbo setup.

whats your car run.? hmmmmmmm

the thing about these cars are they dont tell you how much or how many times theyve broken their stock units.

24.Alex L. 12.968 @ 111.38 2.215 60' 4-23-10 --'92 SC300--turbo

WOW your fast. id run my mouth as much as possible with those impressive times.

Case and point.

Do you need another testosterone shot? Are the doctors doing a good job getting ur clot to turn into a small penis?

good one internet tough guy. so your slow so the only thing you can do to defend yourself is call someone gay who is faster, better looking, two kids, a wife, and yea i like to train so the hell what. maybe i dont wana be a fat ass.

too big a bitch to talk shit to somones face? im not

1. koolrayz 8.864@156.44 1.41 60' 8-13-10--Trans Am--turbo

2.luong88888 8.964@160.94 1.45 60' 4-23-2010--Eagle Talon--turbo

3. mattsv8 8.965@150.73 1.298 60' 6-12-10--s10,truck--turbo

4. atomicfusion 8.98@137.96 1.40 60' 10/17/2009--Corvette Z06--turbo

5. clone 9.89@134.81 1.36 60' 5-29-10 73 Cuda N/A

6. qwkgto 9.93@139.30 1.55 60' 11-22-09--GTO--turbo

7. flippy1974 9.93@138.46 1.483 60' 4-23-10--camaro--Nitrous

8. NHRATA 10.06 @ 133.96 1.40 60' 82T/A 4-?-10--N/A

= cool

and the ta is included cause i know with that mph its a 9 sec car all day.

unlike most puck sticks on this forum. i talk shit about my own vehicles. not someone i saw once doing something with their car.

wich is why i like yellowbullet hell im the slow one over there and people love to talk about fast cars. um wich last i checked is what a car forum is used for.

not im a internet badass. but my shit runs 12s.