Nissan Maxima vs Buick LaCrosse

KillJoy

so what, they made the list. THIS YEAR? The VQ platform has had top top 10 engines awards for the last 10+ years! Not just this year, or last WELL OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/3983751-1.html

ok, and my BUICK 3.8L did that to, whoopdy do...

so what, they made the list. THIS YEAR? The VQ platform has had top top 10 engines awards for the last 10+ years! Not just this year, or last WELL OVER A DECADE!!!!!!!!!

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services/3983751-1.html

oh and by the way, EVERYONE makes that list. its all of the car makers in order according to reliability.

Buick, because we got a Maxima in with a leaking p/s rack at 60K miles and it is $1200 at the dealership.....Nissan parts are STUPID expensive especially for their "high end" car (Maxima) which IMO is just a 3.5S Altima with a different body.....

Oh yeah, the CVT trans on the Altima 3.5 I drove is the best CVT car I've driven yet.

ok, and my BUICK 3.8L did that to, whoopdy do...

Granted, an excellent and reliable motor; one of their best in this concern. However, comparing that 3.8 Buick to the a new VQ motor is like comparing an old reliable wagon wheel to a modern day radial.

Ok, maybe a bias-ply to a radial. ;)

I agree that the VQ V6 is a great engine, and the Nissan CVT is the best I've driven (for a CVT to be successful it needs to be on an engine that is smooth, quiet, and has a broad torque curve...that way it doesn't always seem to be revving high)

However, almost any engine on today's market will go 100k+ miles if properly maintained. Buicks are at the top of the list for safety, reliability, and customer satisfaction. The new LaCrosse is nothing like an older model with a 3.8L, and that's a good thing.

Personally, i would compare the Lacrosse less with the Taurus and more with the Lincoln MKS.

P.S. The VQ isn't without its faults either. just do a search and see how many people have had the engines stall while driving. Seems like they've had some bad crank sensors. My Altima cranks forever before it starts too. But it always starts right up on the second try, no matter how long (or short) I let it crank the first time.

Edited by Mallard

Did he mean 135? I don't know its price point though.

I actually meant the 335xi

335i xDrive Coupe

Your nerve endings have been patiently waiting.

Beneath the striking lines and elegant silhouette of the 3 Series Coupe rests a 300-hp engine, capable of transforming a simple road into racetrack. And with BMW's xDrive, intelligent all-wheel-drive system, capturing every hairpin turn has been easier or more stimulating.

Locate a Dealer

Comfort & Convenience

Bluetooth® Wireless Technology

BMW Ultimate Service™

Ambient Lighting

Four seater

Onboard Navigation System with RTTI

Entertainment

Harman Kardon Surround Sound

HD Radio™

SIRIUS Satellite Radio

iPod/iPhone USB Integrated System