The Retrofit Source A+

BIGGU

Many of you know that I got a new legacy gt and one of the first things I had to do was put some "HID" kit in the lights because of the shitty output of the stocks. The DDM HID kit seemed to do the trick for me because it was cheap and easily helped the lighting issue.

All it took was my brother driving in front of me and texting me "your headlights are blinding as fuck"

After some research on the forums I had decided I need to do a full on HID retrofit into the car to increase output, get a better cut off and most of all reduce glare to other drivers. Looking around everyone seemed to have been getting their projectors from a company called "The Retrofit Source" so I went to their website and was about ready to buy them when I noticed that they are in Westerville. Surely this couldn't be true because when was the last time something I wanted just a 15 minute drive away?

Anyways, I emailed the company telling them I wanted to retrofit to my car and wanted to just pick up the items. Matt, the owner called me on the phone and said no problem just come by the shop (which is in the basement of his nice house btw). Swung by paid cash for everything and got back to work on the car.

I purchased RX330 Non AFS projector housings, D2S bulb adapters, Phillips bulbs, and also TSX clear lenses to help the cutoff and output. all said and done it was around $200 out the door literally.

forward to getting the headlight apart and changing the lenses out I find out the TSX lenses were actually too small for the lenses holder and required a spacer to make it fit correctly. that was it, project finished. grabbed another car and left for the day. On saturday (The business is closed on the weekends) I drove over to The Retrofit Source hoping for some help and much to my dismay Nate and Matt were willing to help me on their day off to get me what I needed.

All said and done, I got both headlights done and back together and everything was improved ten fold.

*short version for lazy people*

The Retrofit Source will go out of their way to help you out!

seriously now im going to do a complete retrofit into the Lexus because of how the guys helped me out and treated me.

if you need any HID parts, questions or help contact them first.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/

Address

The Retrofit Source LLC

1038 Arcadia Blvd.

Westerville, OH 43082

Phone

Hours

M-F 8:30am-5:30pm EST

• 2 weeks later...

This post couldn't have been more timely. After nearly 8 years of use I finally had one of my Philips D2s bulbs go out on me and I've been looking for a replacement. I might actually go the cheaper route with his no-name bulb just because at this point with nearly 190k miles on the car I'm not sure how much more life it has left in it.

Zipped over to Westerville and picked up a set of bulbs and had them in the car same night. Great service, friendly guys (Nate and Matt) and I couldn't be happier.

I suggested they come give CR a look as a potential new sponsor. Hope to see their presence here soon.

Andy

Edited by AudiOn19s

• 2 weeks later...

All it took was my brother driving in front of me and texting me "your headlights are blinding as fuck"

sounds like ur brothers a vag an needs some window tint if its too bright :lol:

in all honesty though ur brothers car is lower then humanly possible so a freaking geo metro lights would blind him cause his ass cheeks are scraping the ground.... so ide say horrible example :p

but glad you had good luck.