Root Droid X

04silvrz

i know how to do it, was just curious of user experience once it's complete. i have looked through some of those forums, no one really mentions any problems with the phone after root but, I am paranoid. Was curious if anyone here rooted their android device and what kind of experience they have had.

thanks though@!

I dont have an X but if you're asking just in general...I've had 2 android phone, both have been rooted and I've ran so many different roms and variations and version of android that I cant even begin to name them all.

Simply rooting the phone isnt going to change the way it runs right off the bat. Rooting it will however allow you to run some apps that require SU(super user - root) permissions. It will also allow you to flash custom, modified roms. If you flash a buggy rom, your phone will be buggy...Different roms will give you different options and looks, etc. You are going to probably want a stable rom, the experimental ones are called experimental for a reason.

I'm not sure what all is available for the X, I have a nexus one and I have more options than what there are N1's around.

I dont have an X but if you're asking just in general...I've had 2 android phone, both have been rooted and I've ran so many different roms and variations and version of android that I cant even begin to name them all.

Simply rooting the phone isnt going to change the way it runs right off the bat. Rooting it will however allow you to run some apps that require SU(super user - root) permissions. It will also allow you to flash custom, modified roms. If you flash a buggy rom, your phone will be buggy...Different roms will give you different options and looks, etc. You are going to probably want a stable rom, the experimental ones are called experimental for a reason.

I'm not sure what all is available for the X, I have a nexus one and I have more options than what there are N1's around.

SU doesn't give you the ability to flash roms, an open bootloader does, which the X lacks. There are ways around it though.

Yeah, I don't want to flash anything. Just root...

I have a rooted, custom themed x. Ask away. Easiest way to root is an apk I can send you. 1 click root.

So yeah, it works good? No problems? Can you send me the 1 click root? Is it reversible? Will rooting it effect me getting my 2.2 update?

SU doesn't give you the ability to flash roms, an open bootloader does, which the X lacks. There are ways around it though.

I was talking about the apps requesting permission. But there you go, so no roms for the X yet then and quite pointless to root for now.

the X is finnicky with removing the bloatware. If its removed, the phone will not update properly. You have to just rename them and rename them back when its time to update.

A better option would be to install LauncherPro which allows you to hide apps. Plus, its far better than the X's shitty launcher.

Widget Locker is a nice program. The X rooted is nice. I have it clocked to 1g all the time, with wireless tether. Give me your gmail and I can send the 1 click root. You can always upgrade to the leaked 2.2, which is what I'm on. This phone was definately made for 2.2, as EVERYTHING works better, and you get flash.

You wanted to remove bloatware and there is a sticky for that topic. Did you even read it? Try before you post here.

yes, you HAVE TO ROOT to do that. same goes with that software to remove them, YOU MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS!!!!!!!! Did you read it? lol

Widget Locker is a nice program. The X rooted is nice. I have it clocked to 1g all the time, with wireless tether. Give me your gmail and I can send the 1 click root. You can always upgrade to the leaked 2.2, which is what I'm on. This phone was definately made for 2.2, as EVERYTHING works better, and you get flash.

pm'd

Ok so I unrooted and updated my Moto Droid to Froyo and then today to FRG22D. Flash went on.

Went to root again... and apparently what I used to root on 2.1 doesnt work. Found some root techniques for 2.2 but they say they only work on 2.2 build FRG01B, not FRG22D.

Help!

----------------------------

EDIT

Nevermind, found it

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html

Note - this only works for Droid 1s

yes, you HAVE TO ROOT to do that. same goes with that software to remove them, YOU MUST HAVE ROOT ACCESS!!!!!!!! Did you read it? lol

LOL @ asking me about root. You must not read my posts on here. Sorry I assume you were going to root then remove bloatware. You are more of a noob then I though.

You got the X? Root that sumbitch and get SetCPU to underclock with profiles....mucho battery life....F T W

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_NEvPcXQofAU/TDlt_JW284I/AAAAAAAAo5Y/88jK0_aJ--Q/CAP201007110008.jpg

I didn't do the first and last one. Made my phone go into reboot loop.