Benelli M1 Super 90

Snowflake

I dont know shit about this gun except everyone here in Louisiana tells me its King Shit when it come to shotguns.

I have not put eyes on it yet but the owner of my company says he will sell it to me for 700 and that he paid 1200 for it several years ago.

I know I can pick up a shotgun cheaper but is this gun worth the money it would cost to get it. He said it hols 5 without the plug which I dont even know what that means.

I want advice on why to buy and why not to buy it.

Is it a good deal or should I just find a Mossberg or Remington. I want it to keep in my 5th wheel while on the road to take care of whatever problems from snakes to robbery.

That's a fairly decent deal. Benelli's are design to last forever. If it were me, I would buy it. If you don't want it, let me know. Black Wing was selling those for around 1100 or 1200 a year or so ago. You might try to get it closer to $600.

"Five without the plug" means it will hold five shells (rounds) without the cap they put in there for hunting. Some states require it, I don't know LA laws.

My best advice to you is if it feels good when you shoulder it, it will probably be ok for you. Shotguns are subjective, so you might ask to shoot it. Not everyone likes the recoil Benelli's are known for.

Here's some more info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benelli_M1

A Remington is great (I don't like Mossbergs for Defense except the 590A1), but the Benelli is much more refined. You can get into a NICE, new Remington for $300 if you want a pump gun. However, the M90 is inertia driven and auto, so we're not talking apples and oranges. It all just depends on what you want. I have autos, but I much prefer a pump for CQB work.