throw out bearing

appn88

the throw out bearing in my mustang is making a TON of noise in fact it sounds like a blower, its very annoying, its an autozone piece with less that 5k miles on it, any one else have problems with this???? and is their anyway to grease/keep it from being so annoying?? any help appreciated

thanks

only way to service it is to drop the tranny unfortunately. yes it can be regreased. if it s a sealed bearing, you can pop off the dust seal and repack it wit h grease..... Use Redline cv-2 grease.... it's really great stuff

with bearings, it s a bad idea to cheap out... I know autozone does stock some good brands and it sounds like you didn t go for a good brand or it s just bad luck

I would only buy bearings made by F.A.G, Timken, Koyo or SKF

when you drop the trans, might as well slap in a new Pilot Bearing too......... one makes noise when the clutch is engaged, the other when the clutch is not engaged.... I can never remember which does what and it s a great idea to replace both anyway when doing a clutch

good luck