Silveraudimike

SilverAudiMike

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motorkars is evil. So is auto assets sometimes.

Motorkars (used to be cool back in the 90's) ran my car into a wall, and Auto assets tried to charge me for a dyno run they didn't even do because their shit broke. Fail. I've heard good things about Performance Automotive on roberts rd, and Jon's up north of Marysville does a decent job... although he kinda sold out a little while back.

Just do it yourself. Audi coolant hoses are quick-connect and it will take you about 15 seconds.

It's easy to replace, I did it myself and I think the pump was $80. Remove engine covers, y-pipe, undo bolts and lift intake manifold and there she sits. There is a factory Audi relocation kit for it, I replaced mine before I found out about it but I would get the relocation kit as well.

I guess its $155 for the kit:

http://www.daftsgarage.com/relocationkit.pdf

It's easy to replace, I did it myself and I think the pump was $80. Remove engine covers, y-pipe, undo bolts and lift intake manifold and there she sits. There is a factory Audi relocation kit for it, I replaced mine before I found out about it but I would get the relocation kit as well.

I guess its $155 for the kit:

http://www.daftsgarage.com/relocationkit.pdf

I looked it up a little bit ago, doesn't look too bad. I don't think it's leaking from there seems like the top hose where it connects close on the motor side. It's just a drip.

I looked it up a little bit ago, doesn't look too bad. I don't think it's leaking from there seems like the top hose where it connects close on the motor side. It's just a drip.

How i found out my aux. pump was leaking is you see coolant running down the side of the trans. What happens is a big pile of coolant collects in the engine valley and rolls down the back of the motor and down the trans.