verizon upgrade

STEVE-O

ok pretty much i am eligable for my verizon upgrade. now i have no need to upgrade at all. I like my phone i like my plan. But I can get any phone in the store for free if i resign a two year contract. So my question is should i go in and get a new phone but keep my old phone and sell the new one i get??? That was my plan. They will let me come in through sunday for this offer. Or should i wait until the actual two year mark to see what other offers i can get?? If you think i should go in get new phone sell new phone for profit what phone should i get?? i.e the highest resale value right now? any input is appriciated

The upgrade is like a year early? They just give you $50 off full price of a phone plus you sign up for a new contract. If you are talking about your 2 year mark then you get the promotional price of any phone if you sign up for another contract.

The upgrade is like a year early? They just give you $50 off full price of a phone plus you sign up for a new contract. If you are talking about your 2 year mark then you get the promotional price of any phone if you sign up for another contract.

he said this week only but he will extend it out til sunday for me because i work that i can get any phone in the store for free..

So should i go in get a nice new phone and then just sell it cause i have no use for it??

are you already on the data plan? Getting a new phone may require you to upgrade your plan as well unless you have one of the data plans now. That may be something to consider.

No i dont ahve data or need it that is why i was going to just keep my old phone and stay with the same plan i ahve now

what kind of phone do you have?

I have a Droid and absolutely love the phone

lg chocolate flip and it does everything i need it to

you don't have to buy the data plan. they push it in the store and basically make you think that you "have to have it". Not true. I had a samsung phone, it broke ordered a new one they said it required the data plan to work on the network. I bitched at them told them no it didnt. Called the 800 number it was taking off the account and the bill was comp'd

you don't have to buy the data plan. they push it in the store and basically make you think that you "have to have it". Not true. I had a samsung phone, it broke ordered a new one they said it required the data plan to work on the network. I bitched at them told them no it didnt. Called the 800 number it was taking off the account and the bill was comp'd

that would be cool but i have no use for a phone like that. So I dont see any reason not to go get a driod x or incredible etc and just resell it.. Or do you think i should wait until the iphone thing or whatever new will come out for verizon next?? I still have 3 months left in my current contract so its not like i am in a rush or anything.

if you are happy with what you have, keep it.. with that being said, Android based phones rock, so I would recommend any of them to you.

that is the plan but maybe you missed my point. I am going to get the free phone and resell it so what phone do you think i should get??? Like what phone from verizon can you sell right now for the most money? Or should i wait until there new phones come out and wait to upgrade until one of those is released??

I can't imagine that you would be able to get *any* phone in the store unless they have very low inventory. If you could indeed get anything in the store free for the purpose of reselling I would get Droid2, Droid X, or Samsung Fascinate. All are going to fetch around the same price. Always good to have a backup phone if your phone breaks though. May even want to keep the new phone once you get it ;)

Droid x is absolutely the answer to this question if you want top dollar resale. Check craigslist to find out what has the highest/quickest resale ability. They will make you get a data plan to get the phone but since you won't be using it you can have it changed back. They will also make you at least temporarily activate the phones imei number on your account but that can be changed back as well.