Xbox 360 drive flashing

sprayin77

It will probably get banned. All you do it take out the dvd drive and hook it up to your PC via a SATA adapter. Then run the flash program. I suggest you never sign into xbox live after patched, or buy a 2nd xbox to play online with.

It will probably get banned. All you do it take out the dvd drive and hook it up to your PC via a SATA adapter. Then run the flash program. I suggest you never sign into xbox live after patched, or buy a 2nd xbox to play online with.

This is correct. Just get a cheapo used arcade system for online play.

• 2 weeks later...
To clarify with the current firmware it has been all but confirmed M$ has no way of detecting it, this is why the latest dashboard update added some new checks that will not allow some games to boot. It is fine to go on live with a flashed box so long as it is kept up to date and you avoid new dashboard updates until new FW is released. Sure it is possible to get banned, but unlikely as long as you are not playing things before they come out. I would also wait for the new firmware to come out before flashing but I'm sure someone on here could flash it for you ;)

To clarify with the current firmware it has been all but confirmed M$ has no way of detecting it, this is why the latest dashboard update added some new checks that will not allow some games to boot. It is fine to go on live with a flashed box so long as it is kept up to date and you avoid new dashboard updates until new FW is released. Sure it is possible to get banned, but unlikely as long as you are not playing things before they come out. I would also wait for the new firmware to come out before flashing but I'm sure someone on here could flash it for you ;)

I have the newest firmware and played halo reach 2 weeks early and black aops a week early with the eithernet cord unplugged and no ban hammer yet. I figured out how to make my own games but dont have the desktop computer to flash them or i would try and figure it out myself.I have a imac 24 and not gonna take it apart to do anything, so i would have to buy a newer tower and dont want to cause i like the mac's

I have the newest firmware and played halo reach 2 weeks early and black aops a week early with the eithernet cord unplugged and no ban hammer yet. I figured out how to make my own games but dont have the desktop computer to flash them or i would try and figure it out myself.I have a imac 24 and not gonna take it apart to do anything, so i would have to buy a newer tower and dont want to cause i like the mac's

You will not get banned if you are not connecting to live.

Just keep in mind that anytime you play a game early, if you EVER connect to xbox live you risk being banned. Xbox saves your info. Also always use abgx to verify your games.