Obama on The Daily Show

greg1647545532

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he was on last night.

Obama "wah wah wah I cant push through my agenda with out 60 votes wah wah wah, It needs to be different, we need no filibusters"

I don't think he was saying that at all. In fact, he was doing his best to dodge those kinds of answers because he was clearly just there to campaign for democrats.

what a joke of a president we have. he has been on WAYYY more tv shows than ANY OTHER PREZ!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet his stupid ass will get reelected too, with all the ignorant fucking people that voted for him the first time.

Our pay increases were ridiculous through the Bush years, though. The DoD and the Senate Armed Services Committee would make meager recommendations in the 2% range, and then congress would double it for no real reason. It's funny, pay dropped so much in the 90s that right before I joined, troops were legitimately getting shafted. I joined right after they started playing catchup, and then I left active duty right when they realized they were overpaying us and cut the raises down to a reasonable level.

In any case, congress sets the pay scales, not the president.

i have lost money on my paycheck since obama took office. his first increase was on the middle class 40K + . so much for democrats being for the PEOPLE.

Obama has cut taxes. I don't know what you're talking about, but you're wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=3

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

his stupid ass will get reelected too, with all the ignorant fucking people that voted for him the first time.

i have lost money on my paycheck since obama took office. his first increase was on the middle class 40K + . so much for democrats being for the PEOPLE.

Obama has cut taxes. I don't know what you're talking about, but you're wrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/19/us/politics/19taxes.html?_r=3

"ignorant fucking people"

i remember there being some sort of talk about a 40K tax increase like a year or so ago, I don't know.

and ryan, you can get off my dick, since you follow me around in threads and have something to say.

what GOOD has obama done then? where is all this great CHANGE??

his response on the oil spill was one of the biggest failures of any prez, they have constantly been called out for lie's.

so tell me, where is the good?

• Downvote 1

I'll correct misinformation and educate the ignorant (ahem), but I'm not gonna climb on a soapbox and campaign for someone who isn't up for re-election for 2 years. You don't want to hear it and I don't want to waste my time, so why bother?

I just thought the interview was great. Jon Stewart was actually kind of a jerk to him. I was half expecting a softball interview and it was anything but.

ETA: Yes, Bush did refund checks, and I got 8 grand from Obama for buying a house. That's not what you were talking about though, you said taxes on your paychecks went up due to Obama, which is demonstrably wrong.

i remember there being some sort of talk about a 40K tax increase like a year or so ago, I don't know.

and ryan, you can get off my dick, since you follow me around in threads and have something to say.

what GOOD has obama done then? where is all this great CHANGE??

his response on the oil spill was one of the biggest failures of any prez, they have constantly been called out for lie's.

so tell me, where is the good?

I will provide you with a long list of good if you can make a reasonable post providing evidence for everything you say, until you can start backing up what you say I am not going to waste anymore time on you.

Let's talk about some of the FAILURES this guy has brought, you guys feel free to chime in with all the good he has done.

1) FAILING ECONOMY: The weak Obama economy continues to unravel at an ever-faster pace, raising fears of another recession. Failure marks every economic problem he said he could solve: The housing industry is in a collapse, foreclosures are rising, jobless claims are mushrooming and the recovery -- such as it was -- appears to be vanishing.

The "evidence mounts that the economic recovery is coming unglued," writes economics reporter Neil Irwin in the lead story of Thursday's Washington Post. New home sales have hit an all-time low, durable goods orders are "a bare fraction" of expectations, the economy growth was growing more slowly in this second quarter than previously forecast. Top economists say the worst is yet to come.

The Congressional Budget Office is now forecasting a mediocre 2 percent economic growth rate in 2011, meaning that future job growth will be in very short supply.

2) LOSING CONGRESS: Polling data and other reports from key midterm-election battleground states in the past week suggest that Obama's party could lose its majority in November.

More than 70 House seats, most held by Democrats, are now in play, and Republicans need only 40 to take control. And The New York Times reported for the first time Thursday that "The Democratic majority is in increasing jeopardy in the Senate," according to a new analysis of the most competitive Senate races.

With polls showing much more enthusiasm and energy among GOP-inclined voters than among the Democrats, the majority party is now in danger of losing more than 10 Senate seats, enough to topple them from power.

3) CLIMBING DEFICITS: CBO reported last week that the Obama administration will run a $1.3 trillion budget deficit this fiscal year, after last year's $1.4 trillion deficit -- continuing the tsunami of red ink that has pushed the national debt to nearly $13.4 trillion.

The spectacle of the federal government running unprecedented deficits, while runaway spending continues to spiral at an alarming rate, threatens our nation's future solvency, weakens our economy and undermines our national security.

4) LOSING IRAQ: No sooner did U.S. combat forces leave Iraq, a rash of deadly bombings by al-Qaida in Iraq terrorists killed or wounded several hundred Iraqis. Obama argued during his 2008 presidential campaign that Bush's war in Iraq was a mistake because al-Qaida terrorists who brought down the World Trade Center in New York were in Afghanistan, not Iraq. In fact, al-Qaida is coordinating and stepping up the bombings in an aggressive move to topple the government in Iraq.

5) GOVERNMENT OVERSIGHT FAILURES: First came the West Virginia mine disaster that left 29 miners dead and revelations of lax regulation by the government that could have prevented it. Then the deadly Gulf oil-rig explosion and the worst environmental disaster in U.S. history that revealed a regulatory bureaucracy asleep at the switch, and an impotent White House that did not seem to know how to deal with the BP catastrophe from the very beginning. That was followed by the widespread egg salmonella outbreak that showed woefully inadequate agriculture inspections. This is the government that we want running our health care? As we near the midway point in Obama's term, he has lost the nation's trust and confidence in his presidency.

The White House doesn't seem to have a clue about what to do about an economy that is veering into another dangerous downturn. Obama clings stubbornly to his failed $800 billion spending stimulus and plans to inflict the largest tax increase in American history on a struggling economy, despite pleas from government analysts that this is only going to inflict more harm on the private business sector.

"Under current law, both the waning of (Obama's) fiscal stimulus and the scheduled increases in taxes will temporarily subtract from (economic) growth, especially in 2011," CBO warned Congress and the White House. What we have here, of course, is a failure of leadership that is the result of breathtaking inexperience and an ideology that believes in enlarging the federal government at the expense of the business community, job-creating investment by the private sector, and the economy. He has no one with any business experience in his team of top White House advisers.

He returns to Washington at a time when Americans are deeply pessimistic about the country's future -- with his job approval polls at a low 43 percent (50 percent disapprove) -- and without any clear sign that he knows how to deal with the issues that he was elected to fix.

http://townhall.com/columnists/DonaldLambro/2010/08/27/obamas_epic_failures

Add in the fact this guy has been on my BS TV shows than any other prez just shows the dog and pony show. HE WAS ON MYTH BUSTERS FFS. He is a pawn, and actor.

National Oil Spill Commission’s Verdict – Obama Administration Lied and Obfuscated

Home - by IOTW Reports - October 7, 2010 - 00:28 UTC - 23 Comments

From Google News

WASHINGTON — The Obama administration blocked efforts by government scientists to tell the public just how bad the Gulf oil spill could become and committed other missteps that raised questions about its competence and candor during the crisis, according to a commission appointed by the president to investigate the disaster.

In documents released Wednesday, the national oil spill commission’s staff describes “not an incidental public relations problem” by the White House in the wake of the April 20 accident.

Among other things, the report says, the administration made erroneous early estimates of the spill’s size, and President Barack Obama’s senior energy adviser went on national TV and mischaracterized a government analysis by saying it showed most of the oil was “gone.” The analysis actually said it could still be there.

“By initially underestimating the amount of oil flow and then, at the end of the summer, appearing to underestimate the amount of oil remaining in the Gulf, the federal government created the impression that it was either not fully competent to handle the spill or not fully candid with the American people about the scope of the problem,” the report says.

The administration disputed the commission findings, saying senior government officials “were clear with the public what the worst-case flow rate could be.”

In a statement Wednesday, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration chief Jane Lubchenco and White House budget director Jeffrey Zients pointed out that in early May, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar and Coast Guard Adm. Thad Allen told the public that the worst-case scenario could be more than 100,000 barrels a day, or 4.2 million gallons.

For the first time, the documents — which are preliminary findings by the panel’s staff — show that the White House was directly involved in controlling the message as it struggled to convey that it, not BP, was in charge of responding to what eventually became the biggest offshore oil spill in U.S. history.