Ready for the apocalypse

Otis Nice

Not even close to ready for the apocalypse. Where is a nice strong blade? I guess when all the ammo runs out, I will rule with a couple machetes...

Strong blade? I have a 14" dagger, my 6" Buck knife, and my hand to stump weapons of choice: Louiseville Slugger inscribed with my name (never used and ready for action) and my 6 and 8 irons which I never used with my set. Those should suffice. Ball bat and clubs worked for Casey Jones and it's good enough for me. :)

http://www.derok.net/derok/images/classics/tmnt%20casey%20jones.gif

My plan is to record where everyone else lives with all of these guns. That way I know where I am going.

Fair, and a great plan, but to let you know before you wade through 30+ miles of Zombies this isn't my safe haven, just enough to get me there. I'd be long gone before you ever got here. I'm even taking the cats that hang out on the buildings front porch for food.

Best of luck.

He's got a bayonet affixed to the M91/30 and the SKS also has a bayonet.

:)

Bingo. :) Through the brain will work nicely. Decapitation with a machete will do very little. Didn't you watch TWD this week? :)

My eyes were working yesterday, a bayonet isn't a functional standalone weapon.

The bayonet on the AK is. It's fully functional as a standalone blade.

A bayonet is not going to be functional for heavy slashing, decapitation, etc... Let's not even mention how pointless it is to carry around an empty rifle just for the sake of having a bayonet on it.

For reference, watch the Book of Eli to see why a good blade is useful.

http://iruntheinternet.com/lulzdump/images/Tom-Hanks-thanks-t.hanks-boat-12711996690.jpg

We're getting of topic. How many Zombies did Eli come across? Hmmm...

Against humans decap is fine and effective. Watch 3rd episode of TWD to see why I disagree with your theory.

Also, I quoted the pic just b/c I like Tom.

An AK47 Bayonet is a very good utility item. Wire cutter, bone saw, wood saw and knife

Precisely.

Nah, it's just a good war trophy to take off dead Republican Guard. ;) The M9 bayonet is a lot nicer.

I'll take your word for it.

These guns + my blades, bat, golf clubs, and my (not shown) 12G will do me well. I have a .22 LR also, but I think that's just be for fun to tick them off from a decent distance. :)

Bingo. :) Through the brain will work nicely. Decapitation with a machete will do very little. Didn't you watch TWD this week? :)

The bayonet on the AK is. It's fully functional as a standalone blade.

We're getting of topic. How many Zombies did Eli come across? Hmmm...

Against humans decap is fine and effective. Watch 3rd episode of TWD to see why I disagree with your theory.

These guns + my blades, bat, golf clubs, and my (not shown) 12G will do me well. I have a .22 LR also, but I think that's just be for fun to tick them off from a decent distance. :)

Don't talk about topic when you don't establish context. Apocalypse is not synonymous with zombie takeover. The bayonet is functional as a utility knife, not really a significant primary weapon. You roll how you want, but I still plan on coming out on top after the ammo disappears.

Don't talk about topic when you don't establish context. Apocalypse is not synonymous with zombie takeover. The bayonet is functional as a utility knife, not really a significant primary weapon. You roll how you want, but I still plan on coming out on top after the ammo disappears.

Best of luck to you then. :)

And fair, I never said "Zombie Apocalypse". It was in my mind but you had no way of knowing that.

Also, I'm pretty sure Eli carried a couple of guns for when the crap really hit the fan. :)