ls1 turbo camaro guys

BDHG940

yes you can use a c6 manifold on the driverside and depending on how you route it.

the only way you are going to get into the market is with an inexpensive kit. I have seen so many turbo companies pop up and go under because they thought they could do it but couldnt. Others have over shot the price targets and didnt sell any.

honestly the fbody turbo market is not a good idea, it is cut throat and is very rarely profitable. People want the world in terms of turbokits for pennies.

I appreciate it but with my contacts and knowing what Im up against, I will not have any trouble. I have been able to do pretty well with each of our Mustang systems and there is no reason I cannot come into the ls market with a kit to do the same. Im not going for the cheapest kit out there but I have a feeling we might be. I just know I can make a system to compete with what I have seen and keep the price within reason. Only one way to find out and that is to try it. Might learn the hard way but I guess thats the risk you take when your a business owner

The kit is still offered on their site along with a number of others

http://www.airpowersystems.com/fbody/tts2.htm

http://www.speedinc.com/turbo.cfm

trust me they dont support them, after the junk turbo fallout that they used they got fet up and stopped making them for that. their may be a couple of businesses that had some in stock, but not sure.

remember i know a few things about the fbody turbo world.....

I appreciate it but with my contacts and knowing what Im up against, I will not have any trouble. I have been able to do pretty well with each of our Mustang systems and there is no reason I cannot come into the ls market with a kit to do the same. Im not going for the cheapest kit out there but I have a feeling we might be. I just know I can make a system to compete with what I have seen and keep the price within reason. Only one way to find out and that is to try it. Might learn the hard way but I guess thats the risk you take when your a business owner

just a warning i give all the businesses that think they are going to do it, then they end up going out of business, i think the success rate is about 30% so maybe you will beat the odds, good luck.

just a warning i give all the businesses that think they are going to do it, then they end up going out of business, i think the success rate is about 30% so maybe you will beat the odds, good luck.

Thanks

I actually talked with Bob which I believe is the owner of aps maybe a year ago. He did say he was going to stop making the manifolds but had no intention on selling the tooling he had setup overseas. I figured if he was giving up, I would try to put a twist on it and do something with them. Told me he would rather throw it all away than sell it, lol.

I understand it might be a hard market but I have customers asking. Here is a customer that used a pair of our new 76mm turbos on a custom built rear mount setup. I have helped on other custom builds and figure why not build the whole system instead of just selling parts to them?

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/rearmountls1.jpg

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/rearmountls.jpg

Thanks

I actually talked with Bob which I believe is the owner of aps maybe a year ago. He did say he was going to stop making the manifolds but had no intention on selling the tooling he had setup overseas. I figured if he was giving up, I would try to put a twist on it and do something with them. Told me he would rather throw it all away than sell it, lol.

Peter is the Owner of APS, he is a dick, bob works for peter.

I had them removed as sponsors from ls1tech when they started pissing off members and for being asshats.

(lol peter is a dick, no pun was intended)

if you want you can read the thread of APS's fallout in the ls1tech forced induction section, it was a mess.

Dude didnt waste time, just bought the turbos from me within the month I believe. No dyno numbers went 1.4 60' and 6.05 in the 1/8 first time out

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/1351560-late-model-racecraft-twin-turbo-corvette-makes-1300rwhp-pump.html

Peter is the Owner of APS, he is a dick, bob works for peter.

I had them removed as sponsors from ls1tech when they started pissing off members and for being asshats.

(lol peter is a dick, no pun was intended)

if you want you can read the thread of APS's fallout in the ls1tech forced induction section, it was a mess.

Yea I read about that some time ago, it was a mess for them.

I see. I have a buddy at work that has no problem giving his car up for a couple of months for fabwork. Nevermind then.

I only wanted to buy one just becuase its just easier on me to not have to be rushed. Im buying a 2000 ss Sunday to do the build on. I would consider using a car in exchange for a very deep discount on a kit. I will need the car 3-4 months, would be stored in the shop half the time or else in our fenced in lot if its not in the shop.

PM me if your friend would be interested and also what the vehicle is