Removing window tint

Sam1647545489

Guest 614Streets
Grab a heat gun , turn it on low , warm up the window at the top with window rolled down halfway. Take a razor blade and push at the edge line. Grab the tint with your fingers an begin peeling the tint back using the heat gun to help warm up the area just below you are pulling from. After the tint is off use glass cleaner and a razor to remove the yellow film on the glass.

Roger that. I dunno how the previous owner thought it was safe to drive like this. I literally cannot see my mirrors at night time. I would day it is close to being limo tint. I assume he was trying to match the rear windows. I would say 35% should be good for me to keep the look I want and be safe while plowing. I will contact Youseff.

• 2 weeks later...
Roger that. I dunno how the previous owner thought it was safe to drive like this. I literally cannot see my mirrors at night time. I would day it is close to being limo tint. I assume he was trying to match the rear windows. I would say 35% should be good for me to keep the look I want and be safe while plowing. I will contact Youseff.

Rear windows are 15-20% on our Chevys, sounds like he went overkill on the front LOL. Im peeling mine off to, until after winter.

nooo... ammonia is hands down the best thing to use. we tint window here at the shop and thats what he use's.... he sprays that on it, puts a trash bag on it, and sits in the sun. then poof. peels it right off

Yup, had a friend of mine down here do my redo my rear window on one of my stangs. Cut a big black trash bag in half, sprayed it down with some 409, put it on the rear window, let it sit in the sun for like 15 mins, and the whole thing peeled off in a few seconds.