Gran Turismo 5 Official Release date (or here we go again)

944s2

On a marginally related note: For those who have driven an Elise before, are they really such tail-happy take-no-prisoners cars? I had always heard they were nimble but well-mannered. In GT5 they are vicious handling cars that make you walk a tightrope or they'll bite your head off.

I think they handle well. You just can't be hamfisted with them. I've beaten much faster cars online in them due to their handling. Learn to drive. ;)

I thought the exact same thing when I did the top gear challenge, plus the brakes were shitty.

Speaking of brakes, I hate how you can't upgrade your brakes.

Not sure what all there is to unlock, however, there may be more to it later. I've unlocked a ton of shit already in my first few levels.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they handle well. You just can't be hamfisted with them. I've beaten much faster cars online in them due to their handling. Learn to drive. ;)

I've had no issues in the past with them. They're some of my favorite cars for games like this because you can make them crazy light and kick serious ass in the HP challenges. But the ones in the Top Gear challenge make early MR2s and Porsche GT2s look tame. If you're hauling down from speed and have even the slightest bit of steering input or road camber the tail will swap ends. Even the AI which is usually rock-solid was having trouble controlling them. The only thing you can really do is let the tail get light and carry a slide. But when a heavy classic on bias-ply tires can handle better than an Elise, I have to wonder about how the Elise was modeled.

Now, don't get me wrong, I *REALLY* wanted GT5 to be great. I picked up the Collector's Edition and even upgraded my wheel since the old one was having trouble in the straights. But unfortunately, GT5 is disappointing much like 3 and 4 were.

It's almost as if Polyphony Digital works in a vacuum. Do they actually have beta testers? Or do they keep it all in-house for fear of leaks? There do seem to be fewer leaks of GT info when compared to other games. I think it might take so long to get a new GT out because they don't have a full beta program. It would explain why so many useability issues and oversights make it though to the final game.

Loved it, We had a 50" plasma, Logitech Wheel, shifter and pedals, and now I can't decide if I want to spend the 1K on a setup to play. I was killing it with a 98 STi we bought in the used car area. :)

I think our set up was only like $80...no need to spend $1k

http://www.columbusracing.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1284075&postcount=38

Edited by frenchy chan