Android Crew

Mr. Jones

I'm still an android noob. I just rooted my Epic, but having problems trying to load custom roms/kernels. Keeps telling me that it can't verify the whole-file signature, and gives up. So far google isn't helping as much as I need it to. Anyone on here have the same issue before?

I'm still an android noob. I just rooted my Epic' date=' but having problems trying to load custom roms/kernels. Keeps telling me that it can't verify the whole-file signature, and gives up. So far google isn't helping as much as I need it to. Anyone on here have the same issue before?[/quote']

You do have a custom recovery right?

I'm still an android noob. I just rooted my Epic' date=' but having problems trying to load custom roms/kernels. Keeps telling me that it can't verify the whole-file signature, and gives up. So far google isn't helping as much as I need it to. Anyone on here have the same issue before?[/quote']

DroidForums.net is your best friend.

Oh I've always thought it was to use your phone as a wii remote. Why would you want to use a wii remote to control your phone?

You use it as a controller for all of the emulators. Stack that with the HDMI cable and you have a awesome emulator/mame box on your phone with a wireless controller.

It's fun to use while it's docked at my desk to fire up some SNES or Genesis on break and play with a wireless controller.

You do have a custom recovery right?

I have Clockwork recovery (I think that's what you're talking about). I rooted it using Super One Click, then downloaded Rom Manager from the market which came with Clockwork recovery, and I flashed that. Now when I tell it to load a rom from my SD card, it goes into the bootscreen but gets about 1/3 finished and gives me the whole-file error.

I have Clockwork recovery (I think that's what you're talking about). I rooted it using Super One Click' date=' then downloaded Rom Manager from the market which came with Clockwork recovery, and I flashed that. Now when I tell it to load a rom from my SD card, it goes into the bootscreen but gets about 1/3 finished and gives me the whole-file error.[/quote']

What color is the text of the custom recovery? If it is green it is clockwork. If it is blue it is stock. When I rooted my friends epic I could not get rom manager to reboot into custom recovery. It would always reboot into stock recovery. I had to manually reboot and hold down the power button and X, or volume up and power or whatever the frack it is. That was the only way I was able to load a custom rom.

What color is the text of the custom recovery? If it is green it is clockwork. If it is blue it is stock. When I rooted my friends epic I could not get rom manager to reboot into custom recovery. It would always reboot into stock recovery. I had to manually reboot and hold down the power button and X, or volume up and power or whatever the frack it is. That was the only way I was able to load a custom rom.

Yea it's blue at the top, guess I'm having the same problem then.