ar15 .22 conversion

John Bruh

I'm looking to do the bolt conversion to my gun so I can enjoy it more often. I'm looking for advice, mainly people that have had the products.

I'm looking between:

Spikes Tactical

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/339.php

&

CMMG

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/sp6.php

The cmmg has more mags than the spikes and it's cheaper. Anyone have any experience with either one? or both?

I had the CMMG and I liked it. The only issue I ever had was, every once in a while it would fire 2 rounds with a single trigger pull. I never looked into it to see why. I don't have any experience with the Spikes version, sorry.

I have the spikes.. and about 4k rounds of .22 hahaha. I LOVE IT. Its WELL WORTH the price if you like to shoot..

You get some pretty interesting looks too when people see you pull out the big gun only to hear it sound like a kids toy! Whichever you decide, make sure you get at least a couple extra mags with it.

I got a CMMG kit back when they were new. It's a little bit fussy about ammo, and the weaker/cheaper .22 like the remington gold (the cheap shit) will short stroke/jam often. I can only run a about four-hundred rounds through mine before it starts to get really unreliable and needs cleaned. CMMG has excellent warranty service though. I had to send mine in because the extractor got chipped and they sent me a brand new unit with a free mag immediately.

I have the CMMG conversion kit in stainless I will sell you. I've shot about 3000 rounds or so threw it and it has been flawless. i've also tested 5 different types of .22 in mine to see which was the most accurate and nothing jammed. the reason i am selling it is I get lead build up on my muzzle break, which I didn't notice until using it in competition between 3 people so 700 rounds in a few hours which might also have something to do with shooting uncoated bullets or just the large amount of use in a short time. I'd like to buy a dedicated upper so I'm willing to sell this one that is only a few months old (so it is the new model with the live shell extractor) if your interested.