Mazda 3 owners

Jizzle Juice

Ok so my friends immobilizer light is on. Just replace battery and spark plugs. Go tobstart car won't start. Wait ten minutes try again and it starts fine. No won't start WTF is wrong here. I know in the Ta when the anti theft light is on you have to let the key sit in the on position for a bit. Anything here?

This is the spare key as the original was lost. But this key worked in the past

probably need to reprogram the key after switching the battery. If you have two keys you can follow these steps

Items needed:

1. 2 pre-programmed transponder keys.

2. 1 new transponder key

The timing is critical to this procedure, please read through the entire procedure before attempting.

Procedure:

1. Insert one of the pre-programmed transponder keys and turn the ignition to \"on\", leave on for at least one second (I wait until the red key symbol in the instrument cluster extinguishes), remove the key from the ignition.

2. Within 5 seconds insert the second pre-programmed key and urn the ignition to \"on\" for at least one second but no more than 5 seconds (use the key symbol for this as well) then remove the second key.

3. within 10 seconds insert the new key in the ignition and turn the ignition to \"on\", if you are successful the red key symbol will illuminate then extinguish after about a second.

If you are not successful the red key symbol will flash repeatedly to indicate that you have inserted an invalid key. Remove the key, wait a minute and try it again, it took me a few times to get it perfect and I had done it before.

If you only have one key try unhooking the battery for about 15 minutes and see if that resets it all for you