Chrysler Pacifica gas pedal sticking

smokin5s

This isn't a question, but more of letting anyone who has one know...

our 2006 Pacifica had a horrible sticking gas pedal, I pulled off the throttle body and found it to be CAKED with soot... to the point of causing the throttle blade to stick. So half a can of carb cleaner later the throttle response is better, the car idles smoother, and no sticky gas pedal.

I spoke with another Pacifica owner and he said that his car has the same issue, so I have a feeling it's a fairly common issue.

so anyone with a Pacifica, it would probably be a good idea to pull off your throttle body and clean it every so often.

To OP - What kind of air filter do you use/what does it look like? Sounds like the filter could be part of the blame here.

I never knew air filters can be the cause of carbon buildup. I guess I learn something new everyday...

so anyone with a CAR, it would probably be a good idea to pull off your throttle body and clean it every so often.

fixed

carbon is a byproduct of combustion. it builds up in the intake manifold and the throttle plate acts a stop for this. It also has the coolest amount of air going against it, to solidify the liquidy carbon. Any cars with and tunable intakes,(valves, butterflies) its a great idea to clean every 30k.