K@N or PCIII ??

knicks360

So just ordered my full ti force ti system (high mount) this past friday :D and was wondering which I should get next k@n airlfilter or pcIII ?? This is for a complete stock 05 750.

Ps. cant order both at the same time cause the women will kill me :beating: but I know once they come in the mail ill install em asap and just want to do it right the first time.

Thanks all.

Dont have my heart set i just have the k@n in my car and figure its a great product. but reading different forums this BMC doesnt sound to bad and only about $10 more..

PCIII- recheck that K&N, there are some better manufacturers out there. Unless you have your heart set...

i know this has been posted 1000+ times, but to take advantage of the increased airflow from an aftermarket filter and exhaust (more airfloe through the engine), you need to adjust the air fuel mixture so the engine gets more fuel. more air with the same fuel isnt going to give you anything worthwhile.

thats why you need the pc3

I actually ran the Ti-Force Ti system on my 2005 GSXR750. It was a full on race prepped machine that can be verified as far as how fast it was by a good number of members on here. I ran a PC III USB and a BMC filter - NOT oiled.

K&N is not the best choice. But, it isn't the worse. OEM is fine, too really...

BUT, you REALLY need to get a PC III for your bike.

Said like a true gentlmen..

Ill just have to wait to hook up the 2 no need spending all this money and not getting anything from it.

i know this has been posted 1000+ times, but to take advantage of the increased airflow from an aftermarket filter and exhaust (more airfloe through the engine), you need to adjust the air fuel mixture so the engine gets more fuel. more air with the same fuel isnt going to give you anything worthwhile.

thats why you need the pc3

i put the pc3 and k&n on my bike with a yosi slip on pipe...took the tune they had already for the pipe and filter and downloaded it on the pc3 and i can feel a differents more throttle respounse everything

I actually ran the Ti-Force Ti system on my 2005 GSXR750. It was a full on race prepped machine that can be verified as far as how fast it was by a good number of members on here. I ran a PC III USB and a BMC filter - NOT oiled.

K&N is not the best choice. But, it isn't the worse. OEM is fine, too really...

BUT, you REALLY need to get a PC III for your bike.

When you say "Not Oiled" do you never use the oil?

When you say "Not Oiled" do you never use the oil?

We clean them and run them dry. The oil causes them to be inconsistant in terms of air flow. Of course, running them dry or VERY light oil, you need to clean them after every weekend...

Street guys? I'd run it oiled like it suggested in the directions. You aren't going to notice an issue or difference. It's one of those things where even the slightest gain in power can be helpful.

On the liter bike I have now? Stock. How needs extra power when you have almost 190 at the ground, right?:D;)

my r6 probably made higher HP numbers with the stock filter because i dont have a PC3 to do new fuel maps with my pipe and filter. its all about the brains.

...it is about the brains and obviously you did not use yours when you cut your K&N with scissors in order to fit it in your air box :???:. Your degree in progress as an engineer must make following instructions damn near impossible. :eek:

80steescom-CutItOutFullHouse.jpg