droid flash to cyanogen mod

Mowgli1647545497

So I finally got sick of FRoyo on my Motorola Droid one and loaded up Cyanogen.

I made sure to do SPRecovery backups of everything before I did. and did Titanium and Astro backups as well just to be safe. I also recovered back to my stock rom just to make sure I could go back. So I'm good there.

My question is now that I have the "blank" cyanogen rom on here, is there an easy way to use titanium or Rom Manager or heck even Astro to install my apps, settings, email accts, txt msgs, etc. without having to do it all one at a time?

Either way I suppose I could just slog thru it

thx in advance -

apps should automatically reinstall once you sign into your google account. There are apps that will backup your text messages. I usually just redo all my settings. Gingerbread will be out soon so you will probably have to go through all this again, or just wait until cyanogen incorporates it in v.6.2 or whatever.

I always get damn errors with titanium backup restoring apps when I go to a new rom. If you use astro you can install them one by one. Depending on your rom most of them will auto update.

Also there is a paid app appmonster pro that will let you batch reinstall. Only problem is you have to manually click install, then click done. But that is still quicker then astro.

done with the apps. combo of it doing it and me being impatient and restoring them with my titanium backups. Have astro also but didnt need it.

btw- the exchange email problem apparently was due to exchange 2010 SP1. We just put SP1 on recently when I lost access.

More info here:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/37186

The fix is in post 34:

In an upgrade from 2003 to 2010, I moved my mailbox to 2010 at which time ActiveSync quit working. This solution below worked:

1) Remove the Android mobile devces affected from each users mailboxes.

2) Remove the Default (and any other ActiveSync) policy using EMC -- Remove-ActiveSyncMailboxPolicy -id <Default>

Note: this will set all user to no activesync policy (this is what we want temporarily)....

3) Setup the Andriod phones to sync and let them get past the initial syncronization.

4) Recreated the ActiveSync Policy and set it back to default - (this will reapply the policy to all mailboxes).

And from: http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=11177#c64

A couple more pieces to this tho ...

1) Ensure the account that is trying to sync the device has a check in 'Include inheritable permisions from this objects parent' found under the AD user account/Advanced button. If this box is not checked ... a device cannot establish a relationship w/ the user account.

Also, if this account is, or ever has been, an admin level account in AD, the adminCount flag (found under the properties of the AD user account using ADSI Edit) must be cleared. If this is set to 1, AD will sync up and end up 'reclearing' the 'Inculde inherit ...' checkbox mentioned before.