Recommend me a router...

turbospec29

I'm in the market for a new wireless router. I recently bought a new house and will now need something to carry a stronger signal further and hopefully increase speed. After some research I want wireless n technology (better than the g router I have) and gigabit ethernet ports , but I don't know if I need 5 ghz. Right now I'm liking the D-link dir-825 and dir-655. Any input?

Right now I have 3 wireless laptops, 2 wired desktops, and 2 xboxes that can go either way, prefer wireless if speed is good enough. One of the xboxes is the new slim one and has a built in wireless n card (but limited to 2.4ghz). For the other maybe I can bridge my current router to become an access point, anyone done this?

I've been out of the game on wireless for some time, been living in apartments and just hard wired everything.

yo keith whats up. read this site:http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index , pick a compatible router, buy it and flash it with ddwrt. you can do all your bridging with it and it works perfect with xbox live.

it says the dir-655 I was looking at isnt supported. What are you using?