OYL's Racing Schedule!!!

fireman_343

Okay, the 2009 racing season is about to start. I wanted to post this up and let everyone know that OYL (Ohio YSR League) will be kicking off its season opener at Circleville Raceway Park (CRP) on April 18th 2009. There are many Ohio Riders members in the club and will be out racing that day! Maybe we can get Ohio Riders to sponsor an event??:D Come out and enjoy watching the races, and see some fast kids on motorcycles with bright futures in roadracing!

If you have a bike that fits into our rules, bring it out and come race with us. I'm the new race director for OYL and I will give you a one time free race pass (if you've never raced with us before) for one class, so what do you have to lose? Contact me if you want to join in on the fun!

We have many classes that fit most mini's out there today. I am working on updating the new 09-rule book, but it will be something like this:

Formula 1 class: 150cc 4 stroke liquid cooled bikes, 200cc air cooled 4 strokes, 105cc 2 strokes

Formula 2 class: 140cc 2 valve, air cooled 4 strokes, 65cc liquid cooled 2 strokes, and 80cc air cooled 2 strokes- No liquid cooled 4 strokes allowed

Formula 3 class: 100cc 4 strokes, 50cc liquid cooled 2 strokes, 65cc air cooled 2 strokes, 112cc auto clutch 4 strokes...No liquid cooled 4 strokes allowed

50cc Supersport class: 50cc air cooled bikes (YSR50's), aftermarket parts are allowed (ign, exhaust, carb, etc)

Motard 4 stroke class: This class applies for 4-stroke Motard setup, 150cc liquid cooled bikes and 200cc air cooled bikes.

The cost to race with us is cheap!

$25 to race one class

$20 to race a second class

and $15 to race a third class

$5 for a temp (one day) race license, and $35 for a season license.

$10 for transponder rental (if you've got your own, you are welcome to bring it and use that with no fee)

$8 for gate fee to get into the track.

I race 2 classes (F1 and F2) rent a transponder and only pay $63 for everything! If you have your own transponder, the cost would be less!

Our schedule for the season is as follows:

Sat. April 18th - CRP

Sun. May 3rd - CRP

Sat. May 16th - CRP

Sat. June 7th - CRP

Sun. June 28th - CRP

Sat. July 11th - CRP

Sat. Aug 22nd - BeaveRun, PA

Sun. Sept. 13th - CRP

Sun. Sept 27th - CRP

Sat. Oct 10th - CRP

Snow date, in case it snows April 18th (it’s happened in the past)

Oct. 24th - CRP

Hope to see ya on the track this season!! :D

ysr10_07-010.jpg

DSCF5448a.JPG

Edited by fireman_343

Its a blast... I've got some onboard video on my website here: http://www.teamquazzymoto.com/Video%20Gallery.htm

And if you've got a mini to race with, track days at CRP is only $15 for all day!!

Forgot to say where CRP is located at. From Columbus... South of Columbus on Rt 23, 1 mile south of the 84 Lumber sign, next to the truck stop gas station on the right hand side of Rt 23. Can't miss it!

Yes, the kids are super fast! Their weight advantage helps out a bit on the straights. It is fun watching them grow on and off the track, that is what this sport is all about! Offering a safe, affordable start for your whole family to get into motorcycle racing in a non-threatening family type atmosphere. The members here can tell ya, it is a blast!

I like to offer the kids a chance to follow me or any of the experts on the track around and have them see the correct lines. A few of them have done that and are now really hard to pass, in the corners or straights! Most of the kids have no fear, so they brake really deep into the corners. Most of the grown ups out there have to go into work the next day, so we just go out to have fun!

That is correct about getting on the track at CRP. Just call Steve or the track phone and see if anything is going on. Every Tuesday is open practice day and you can see a lot of motards out there that day!

:metal: Glad you're coming out this year Ben! Brian I picked up a GoPro camera (onboard footage) for a killer deal and will be using it a lot this season. If any of you guys wanna borrow it and get some footage on the track I'd be more than willing to help out!

Aaron

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Race this Sunday (June 28th) at Circleville Raceway Park... come watch some of the Ohio Riders members bumb elbows and race around the track! We'll have a 2hr endurance race after all the sprints so if you've got a bike that fits into our rules, come join in on the fun!!! Should be a fun time!!!

Remember, if you've never raced with OYL before, your first race is free!!