383 build

pontiacfreak142

ok cool. any idea where to pick up a copy of that book at? looks interesting.

Oh, I'm sure I could come up with a copy for ya.:ninja: Jegs may still sell them, but I have no idea. He made some of the original 3-bolt cut outs sold. Then everyone else copied him.

i had this real long reply typed up last night and then my lap top crashed. so here is cliffs.

you will have to pull the engine to swap intakes or the distributor because of the windshield over hang.

your transmission won't work with a SBC. internals are different and will brake easy. also not sure if the bell housing will work, i want to say no.

what are you going to use to control TCC if you have full manual valve body? that slip will burn your transmission up in no time on the street.

not trying to be a dick but before you buy anything else you need to do more research. i understand trying to build on a budget but if you haven't done all the research then your just throwing away money. if you don't have a sold build plan then your just hanging parts. here is an example, my camaro isn't even half way done. i know every part number i still need to buy and what parts i need next to keep working. my planing is done for this car down to the last what nuts and bolts are needed and what bolts need drilled for safety wire. after the camaro is done i will be starting another big project car build (about a year or two after the camaro is done and sorted out) and i am just now starting the planning for it.

i had this real long reply typed up last night and then my lap top crashed. so here is cliffs.

you will have to pull the engine to swap intakes or the distributor because of the windshield over hang.

your transmission won't work with a SBC. internals are different and will brake easy. also not sure if the bell housing will work, i want to say no.

what are you going to use to control TCC if you have full manual valve body? that slip will burn your transmission up in no time on the street.

not trying to be a dick but before you buy anything else you need to do more research. i understand trying to build on a budget but if you haven't done all the research then your just throwing away money. if you don't have a sold build plan then your just hanging parts. here is an example, my camaro isn't even half way done. i know every part number i still need to buy and what parts i need next to keep working. my planing is done for this car down to the last what nuts and bolts are needed and what bolts need drilled for safety wire. after the camaro is done i will be starting another big project car build (about a year or two after the camaro is done and sorted out) and i am just now starting the planning for it.

ok well i guess that awnsers my tranny question then. I do plan on doing some more research (hence why i havent just gone out and bought shit yet, other than stuff ive for cheap). Ive got a few people who have built several SBC's helping me with this build, so i hope i will be ok lol.

Oh, I'm sure I could come up with a copy for ya.:ninja: Jegs may still sell them, but I have no idea. He made some of the original 3-bolt cut outs sold. Then everyone else copied him.

alright cool, ill check next time im in there. im curious on some of the set ups he used to run those numbers.