Anyone interested in Land Speed Racing (1-mile race) if it was in Ohio?

Got-Boost?

Ohio Standing Mile  

127 members have voted

1. 1. Ohio Standing Mile

• Yes
    • No - Why?
    • I would spectate

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When properly planned and executed, an event of this size cannot come together quickly. A proposal has been made to the folks in Wilmington and I am awaiting a response. Got-Busa? and I have run events like these and we both love them. I watched a man go 278.6 mph on a motorcycle at the last event.

When properly planned and executed, an event of this size cannot come together quickly. A proposal has been made to the folks in Wilmington and I am awaiting a response. Got-Busa? and I have run events like these and we both love them. I watched a man go 278.6 mph on a motorcycle at the last event.

Yeah fuck that. Of course any wreck triple digits on a bike is probably death, so you might as well be in it to win it.

Welcome Sean... :cool:

Yes sir...

http://hybred.smugmug.com/Texas-Mile/Texas-Mile-10242010/IMG4019c-1/1065362580_aSHiK-M.jpg

Video:

Yeah fuck that. Of course any wreck triple digits on a bike is probably death, so you might as well be in it to win it.

It can and does happen but there are a few that have crashed at 200+ and walked away. I know two people that have actually had there bodies clocked sliding across the ground over 200mph.... :bangbang:

Just curious why a few have said NO? If you aren't into Top End racing, cool....just curious your thoughts and what if anything would get you to come out?

Welcome Sean... :cool:

Video:

It can and does happen but there are a few that have crashed at 200+ and walked away. I know two people that have actually had there bodies clocked sliding across the ground over 200mph.... :bangbang:

Just curious why a few have said NO? If you aren't into Top End racing, cool....just curious your thoughts and what if anything would get you to come out?

He went off the end of the runway at 60 MPH.

Yep, that's why we are trying to find another longer track. Loring is the only 2.5-mile course but they can only offer 1-event a year, plus it's way up in the NE.

Wilmington is right at 2-miles... ;)

2 miles sounds fine to me. I'll bet most of us don't hit our target speed anyhow and barring brake failure 1 mile would be more than enough room to slow down.

Is there a set of safety rules published we should be thinking about? Cage, roll bar, etc... ? I might step up my plans for safety equipment if I'm going to be running a mile instead of a quarter mile.

I hope it is a weekend I dont have another event. I can change gears during the week then change back afterwards. I will probably just run the back half, not sure how my slush box will handle a full mile. I have a parachute to help stop so I am not to worried about the shutdown area.

Sean, have you talked over the rule ideas? I just wanted to see if it was going to be closer to Texas rules than Maxton/ECTA? A few on the landracing forum seem to think you need a roll cage for anything over 135 or 150mph in a car. Honestly, I think they are going to eliminate a LOT of people if they try and enforce that...

• 2 months later...

IMO this would become the premier Mile event because of its location. As of this October Maxton is done. They are expanding and will no longer have the runway available. Miami is to far for most and so is Loring. Rumor is Texas has to find another runway after this weekend due to the Navy taking over the airfield for training again.

It's going to be tough real soon and if they can lock in Wilmington before the others have to relocate, it would be a big plus! Show your support people, the time is NOW for Ohio to get on the Land Speed Racing map...

I would definitely LOVE to try an event at least once, as well as a few friends. I'm afraid if I did it too many times it'd cause me to spend a lot more money on my car. Lol

I would 100% attend the events multiple times though, participant or spectator, and I'm sure any people I'd introduce to it would be the same. This would be an awesome addition to not only the Ohio racing scene, but the entire Midwest.