Malt Liquor Challenge

Das Borgen

http://web.archive.org/web/20020321211656/home.nc.rr.com/kshultz/challenge.html

Selected quotes:

"Acidic / Punches you back"

"Y'all are crazy. I think my testicles just dropped!"

Made my tongue feel furry."

"Weak and unsatisfying, but no glaring errors. Other than that it's malt liquor."

http://cdn2.holytaco.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/113.jpg

I've tried many different malt liquors and for most of my drinking life, has been one of my fav's. Why drink if not to get my buzz on? So, if it's not hard liquor (or the short wino phase I went thru), then it's gotta be malt liquor. Of course, I stopped drinking 4 or so years ago, so who knows, now.

My thoughts on their ranked 9 malt liquors, but first:

If you want to try a malt liquor, I suggest finding ones with Sell By dates or from a store you know sells it regularly. You can come across some skunky beer, otherwise.

9. Mickeys - Not a bad starter ML. At least, it seems to be for many people. Mostly white as per my experience. Not too bitter but not one of the higher alcohol contents, either.

8. Hurricane - Never had it.

7. Colt 45. Generally the super poor or those with no taste buds. Not even a high alcohol content.

6. Haffen Priv Stock - Never had it.

5. Magnum - Terrible. Little stronger than previous entries but tastes like shit.

4. Schlitz Malt Liquor - Eh as far as malt liquor, little lower on alcohol scale. However, it has a dark brother called Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull Ice. I have only ever found this while living in Las Vegas. To this day it is the single, greatest malt liquor I've ever had to date. Not only in taste, but alcohol content. Given my vast ML xp, I've also learned the listed alcohol content on the cans/bottles is not always accurate, and more often than not, seem to even be a bit low. Not so with this stuff. If you ever find it (dark blue and black 22oz cans for barely over a buck), do yourself a favor, buy 2, man up, drink that shit down. 'Nuff said. Thank me by going back and buying me 2, now, as well. Actually, do that before you get drunk.

3. Old English - My all time favorite until discovering Schlitz Malt Liquor Bull Ice. One of the better tasting malts and with a decent alcohol content. I have consumed many, many of these throughout the years.

2. King Cobra - Never really liked it. Had a roomate who would drink it when he wasn't getting sloshed on 32oz millers.

1. Schlitz Red Bull - Have not tried this. Kinda wanna, now.

Some others I've tried that I can remember offhand:

Steel Reserve - Holy shit it tastes like asshole.

Um. Eh, that's all I can remember right now, I guess. lol I know there's quite a few others, though.

Schlitz Red Bull was my go to cheap drink in college before Loko got big. 2 of those 40's got me feeling pretty damn good, and I'm a big guy. They were only $1.69 a bottle at the United Foodland up on Summit last time I remember buying one. OE is good, but this stuff is the least shitty malt liquor out there.